SLI Bridge

#1Filipino

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
94
Does the SLI bridge matter depending on the company that made it? I have 2 EVGA SLI connecters and their the solid plastic type. If i switch to the 4.75" Asus SLI bridge will it still work or no? If it does work regardless of the company that made it I might get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/LONG-ASUS-NVidia-SLI-Bridge-Motherboard-Abit-EVGA-4-75_W0QQitemZ220240248567QQihZ012QQcategoryZ16145QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't do much over clocking except for my CPU so I might switch back to air cooling, since i do still have my air cooling stuff. 2x Zalman Vf1000 with heat sinks, will purchase a Xigmatek HDT S1283. But the thing is my current SLI bridges interfere with the VF1000s if I were to go back to air cooling. Will also switch back to my antec 900 case if I do go back to air cooling.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's based on how your slots are arranged. If they are in the same relative position I believe that the bridge would be compatiable.
 
It's based on how your slots are arranged. If they are in the same relative position I believe that the bridge would be compatiable.

Correct, they all do the same thing no matter what nvidia card it is on or what board its on. all that comes down to is if it fits the width between the slots
 
The best bridges to get are the flexible bridges, since they usually work on any SLI setup from one slot to three slots between the PCI-E slots.. Most of the SLI motherboards originally only had one slot between the two PCI-E slots.. Now, many of them have two slots between the PCI-Es on a normal SLI, but generally one between each PCI-E on a Tri-SLI.. Whew.. Confused yet?? LOL!!
 
A typical price for a flexible SLI bridge is between $8-15 shipped.. It just depends on where you buy it from.. :)
 
Back
Top