SLI bridge, high pixel clock

sblantipodi

2[H]4U
Hi,
is there someone who can explain me what "high lixel clock" means?

Many manufacturer advertise that their expensive SLI bridge supports high pixel clock.
What is it and what it is used for?

I have the MSI ski bridge and the main reason I bought it was esthetics.

I also bought it because it was future proofed because it is optimized for 4K resolution and 144hz, which will be important wh n I get a 4K and 144hz monitor.

It also has gaming armour, 1040FALLhich will protect my gaming. Since I got it I've played more games and my wife doesn't seem to mind so I think the armour is working.

I wasn't aware of the high pixel clock feature. I hope my MSI one supports sounds important. Although I think that means that it does the 4K and 144hz. If you want either of these you'll need a uber Ali bridge. I also thought no it will give you higher frame rates. Maybe buy an extra and lay in your case just in case. Proximity to one another might be very beneficial.

I'm guessing you're asking about this from Evga's second gen fancy bridges. Their first batch had some problems, that "normal" ones didint' have. You can look it up on their forums.

I'm guessing you're asking about this from Evga's second gen fancy bridges. Their first batch had some problems, that "normal" ones didint' have. You can look it up on their forums.

I don't find anything on evga forum, what kind of problems do they have?

Can't seem to find the original thread but here's what i'm talking about. The v2 of the first gen and the second one don't have that problem.

Can't seem to find the original thread but here's what i'm talking about. The v2 of the first gen and the second one don't have that problem.

no problem discussed in that thread, can you elaborate about the problem you are talking about please?
thanks

For those wondering about "performance gains," there are none. I posted a year ago about my situation regarding using the original PRO SLI bridges at 1440p and 120 Hz. I had flickering/crashing in SLI in some games, and it was due to the SLI bridge. EVGA listened to me, tested, and found the flaw revising the bridge to accommodate more bandwidth (pixel clock).

That was the problem, bolded part.

I would like to buy one, but I only have one GTX 980. I also don't know how to connect this to my sound card. Shitty product, crossfire bridge is better, more compatibility with my PSU.

Look how awesome they look. high pixel clock sli bridges for the win.

FxUDFgB.jpg

I wonder if this might have been the issue on my CRT with 2x 980 Classy. I used cheap bridges and the occasional artifact or crash would occur. It didn't happen at resolutions under 1920x1440@80Hz or when SLI was off... It made the top resolutions (2560x1920@120, 2048x1536@144, 1600x1200@180) almost worthless.

Back