SLI bridge for sale!!!! now you don't have to buy the complete MOBO!!

lol....ok, someone order from this site and let us know how it goes... ;)

Thank god, I really hated buying full motherboards. Now I only need half of a mobo :cool:

.. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!!!??!?! ;)

but you all know what I mean, right?

Ah. Someone in Akiba finally got the idea they could make some quick cash selling the things overseas.

Could someone explain to me why this shady asian store is selling something so badly wanted? Do SLI boards not come with SLI bridges or what?

DFI nF4 UT + circuit pen = DFI nF4 SLI. But you need a bridge still.

Akiba = electronics heaven, but it's in Japan. They've got crap we won't for a while, and stuff we'll never see...

And you can find this stateside too I'm sure, you just have to work at it a bit.

what if the [H] made a corp. that imported this stuff and sold it to forum members?

ashmedai said:
DFI nF4 UT + circuit pen = DFI nF4 SLI. But you need a bridge still.

Akiba = electronics heaven, but it's in Japan. They've got crap we won't for a while, and stuff we'll never see...

And you can find this stateside too I'm sure, you just have to work at it a bit.

Ah, I see. But dont the newer drivers reject the NF4 ultra?

the ultra and the SLI are identical except for three bridges on the chip. the circut pen will close those bridges and make it an SLI so to the drivers there is no difference

robberbaron said:
Ah, I see. But dont the newer drivers reject the NF4 ultra?

For dual video mode & 16x - 2x mode, yeah. For SLI mod, it shows up on the frickin boot screen as SLI if you did it right. :D

Where do you people keep getting "three" from? There's two contact points, ya close em, mod successful. Wouldn't bugger with the pencil bit, just get a circuit pen.

does anyone here know where to find the circuit diagrams for the sli connector?
there are some pcb prototyping places that can make them if you have a diagram... now all I need to do is find the connectors for them.....

Please don't buy this crap, the motherboard needs to have SLi supported on board. You can't just throw two video cards in a board, with no SLi support and expect it to work without BAD results. Your video cards are expensive, please don't try this crap on them.

ASUS has a decent selection of SLi motherboards, here's a review of one on Toms Hardware
http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050323/index.html

vbrtrmn said:
Please don't buy this crap, the motherboard needs to have SLi supported on board. You can't just throw two video cards in a board, with no SLi support and expect it to work without BAD results. Your video cards are expensive, please don't try this crap on them.

ASUS has a decent selection of SLi motherboards, here's a review of one on Toms Hardware

Did you not read the thread? :rolleyes:

FYI, the folks at Tyan have mentioned there will be a number of standalone SLI bridges for sale available in the US fairly shortly, so don't feel like you have to buy in Japan. (The reason they're mentioning this is they're not shipping one with their new monster motherboard the K8WE, but tell people they can spend $10 now or wait 2 months for them to send over one.)

vbrtrmn said:

How the heck did you ever get to be a "Gawd" on this site with that attitude. this whole site is dedicated to modding and tweaks and Overclocking. thats what we do here! We neveer leave things as they should be, we push them to the freaking MAX!!!!!

robberbaron said:
Could someone explain to me why this shady asian store is selling something so badly wanted? Do SLI boards not come with SLI bridges or what?

Akiba shady? The [H] front page often links to Akiba because they tend to get things weeks before the rest of the world. Yes they are in Japan, but they are fairly well established and not shady, as far as reliablity.

Though they do sell parts for modding consoles and the like too, so not totally goody two shoes either, so if you mean shady as in on the edge of NDA's and the like, I guess I can give you that.

edit: But as far as I know they do not ship the the USA. I have heard of people making trips there to get stuff when they are planning trips to Japan in forums before though.

==>Lazn

This is cool because I just purchased the Giga-byte K8N Ultra (cheapest nForce4 SLI board I could find). It comes with tons of things such as an optinal USB design for my case, firewire B (800Mbps), dual LAN (nf$ and PciE), real nF4 SLI chipset, 8 SATA ports, low profile heatsink on chipset, etc. The thing that it doesn't include is an SLI bridge, which I guess is fine for me right now because I don't plan on using SLi right now, but it was a little more than $10 extra compared to the non SLI board, and I figured I would get it for upgradeability.

Lazn_Work said:
Akiba shady? The [H] front page often links to Akiba because they tend to get things weeks before the rest of the world. Yes they are in Japan, but they are fairly well established and not shady, as far as reliablity.

Though they do sell parts for modding consoles and the like too, so not totally goody two shoes either, so if you mean shady as in on the edge of NDA's and the like, I guess I can give you that.

edit: But as far as I know they do not ship the the USA. I have heard of people making trips there to get stuff when they are planning trips to Japan in forums before though.

==>Lazn

Sorry, I've never gone shopping in Japan so I've never heard of this store or know what it's like. It just didn't look too appealing of a place to me to spend my money.

Akiba = electronics district. Those lucky bastards get all the good stuff.

robberbaron said:
Sorry, I've never gone shopping in Japan so I've never heard of this store or know what it's like. It just didn't look too appealing of a place to me to spend my money.

.. or read the frontpage all that often :D

Back