SLI allow for Surround Gaming?

Chameleoki

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
479
Was wondering if anyone has confirmed/denied this. With Nvidia's SLI, would it be possible to run 3 (or even 4) monitors in their Horizontal Span mode for games? Triple monitor gaming is what I've been waiting for (the Parhelia is not fast enough). It seems to me it would be do-able with SLI but it would need to go out each video out port and not just one so it might be a driver issue.

Any thoughts or information?
 
I see a whole lot of empty wallets in the future if this is true...and a whole lot of extra money towards your local utility companies as well...
 
I don't know if I can concieve it... do u mean using each output on the two cards? wouldn't that defeat the purpose of SLI?
 
Yes, each output would drive a monitor. That would allow for hardware acceleration over each monitor for games. In a way it would not be SLI, but since they are now thinking along two cards in a system, it might be feasible.
 
I think only 1 monitor gets accelerated graphics per card. The other monitor only gets 2D if I'm correct.
 
Back
Top