Sli 1080ti 50% util

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Ive got a technical question...

I have two 1080ti Asus Poseidons. I'm using what I assume is a high bandwidth bridge card that was included with my Gigabyte x399. I notice that I am only getting like 50 to 60% utilization on each gpu. Good example is Unigine stuff. Also in many game titles with released official profiles like TitanFall 2 etc... I am getting like 50fps with both cards but single card is 100fps.

I'm running a 3440x1440 100hz X34 Acer with gsync.

Surely I am not lane or CPU limited here. I have a 1950x AMD. Both cards have 16 lanes of 3.0.

Is it possible that I do not have an HB bridge? Is there some kind of active circuitry on those? The one I got is a plain looking PCB that hooks to both sets of gold fingers.

Is gsync screwy with SLI? Also I notice I don't have Fast vsync anymore. It now has off on and smooth? Latest 385 drivers.

The cards are under water and do not throttle. They run at 2012mhz without bios mods.

Thanks for any suggestion.

It sounds like you have a non-HB bridge. You'd have to buy the HB bridge separately in most cases. This is what the ASUS HB Bridge looks like and it runs ~$50 for one new.

You don't need a HB bridge as you are not anywhere near bandwidth limits, but it won't hurt. Your resolution is tiny for the amount of gpu and cpu power you have, in case you didn't notice lol. And the other obvious point is you are running fps limiter, ie. gsync etc. Turn off the frame limiting and see what your utilization is then.

You don't need a HB bridge as you are not anywhere near bandwidth limits, but it won't hurt. Your resolution is tiny for the amount of gpu and cpu power you have, in case you didn't notice lol. And the other obvious point is you are running fps limiter, ie. gsync etc. Turn off the frame limiting and see what your utilization is then.

Yeah I was reading Gsync can hurt sli.... 3440x1440 is not a whimpy resolution but compared to 4k it isn't that far off. I am getting ready for 4k 100+ hz to come out soon and that is why I have dual cards.

It was concerning to see such little utilization. I will try it with Gsync off next. For now off to bed. Just ffinally finished building this monster of a PC.

Yeah I was reading Gsync can hurt sli.... 3440x1440 is not a whimpy resolution but compared to 4k it isn't that far off. I am getting ready for 4k 100+ hz to come out soon and that is why I have dual cards.

It was concerning to see such little utilization. I will try it with Gsync off next. For now off to bed. Just ffinally finished building this monster of a PC.

It's quite a difference, 5 megapixel vs 8.3 megapixel.

Back