Sleeving problem

Kaze105

Limp Gawd
I really didnt want to post a new thread for this kind of thing, but i just cant find any information on this, so i decided to.

I have read a lot of sleeving guide, but i cant find any about sleeving a 8 pin extender. One side (male) was easy to do as the guide did go through it, but i am unsure how to do the other side. Every time i push it in, it just wont go through.

Sorry that i am not a little more clear as my english is limited.

Hope i can get some help on this.
Thanks

i am going to assume that you are trying to sleeve with the connector block still attached to the cord...... if that is the situation you will need to temporarily remove the block witch should be fairly easy...... i use a sewing needle to push the pin locks in from there you just slide the wire out of the connector block... once all the pins are out, sleeve the cable.... before reinserting the pins use the sewing needle to make sure the pin locks protrude from the pin about 1/16" and then slide it back in..... also before you start make note of where the black wires go.... (easiest way use a black sharpie and make a little mark where each black wire is... then take the pins out....)

i hope that helps....

Well thanks for replies, but i have removed the cord from the block and sleeved it. The problem i am having is reinserting the pins back in. I have made sure the pins lock protrude from the pin also, but it still refuses to go back into the block.

Kenjiwing, i have used that guide mainly for my sleeving, but it does not include inserting the female side pin back in.

This is the extender i have, or similar: http://www.amazon.com/Eps-Pin-Power-Extension-Cable/dp/B000M802RG

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well you only need to remove one side of the connector to sleeve it... ? Most people do not do the female side because it is a pain in the ass.

Did you remove both sides? And how did you sleeve it (murdermod style? )

Well thanks for replies, but i have removed the cord from the block and sleeved it. The problem i am having is reinserting the pins back in. I have made sure the pins lock protrude from the pin also, but it still refuses to go back into the block.

Kenjiwing, i have used that guide mainly for my sleeving, but it does not include inserting the female side pin back in.

This is the extender i have, or similar: http://www.amazon.com/Eps-Pin-Power-Extension-Cable/dp/B000M802RG
the only think that i can think of is to make sure you are trying to insert the pins in the correct end of the block...... try taking the female end and plug it into the male connector then reinsert the pins..... that should work....

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back