• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sleeving over SATA Connector

Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
5
I'm planning on getting an Antec True Power 480W Power Supply for my new system. I wanted to sleeve it, but from what I've read in different places, it has SATA connectors built in. I feel confident that can remove all the other connectors, though any tips are definately welcome, but I don't think you can take the SATA connectors off. And I doubt you could fit the sleeving over it, so what do I do? I'm thinking of just cutting it off, but I'm scared. :( So what would be your guys suggestion on how to solve this problem. I was thinking of having FrozenCPU.com do it for me, and let them struggle with that, but it's too much money. I don't need those connectors on there, because I'll get one with my mobo anyways, so what should I do?
 
if you want to keep the SATA connectors (which you should just incase u need them), you can cut the wires, put on the sleeve, strip part of the insulation and rewire them, wrap with electrical tape, then pull sleeve over it

i could have better replaced splicing with those instructions but i forgot exactly what splicing is... could be the cutting and/or reconnecting of wires ... me confused :confused:
 
I know what you mean, I want to replace my 430 with a TrueBlue 480 but the built in SATA connectors scare me, as I want to mod them with sleeving like I did with my 430. After reading the review on GruntVille they say you'll have to cut them off and resolder them to keep a clean look if your gonna sleeve them :(

Or I might not sleeve them at all, as my WD SATA drives have 4pin connectors which I only use over the new method, as I can just tie the SATA connectors to the bundle.
 
Or you could just use some sleeving that is a little too big and work it over the connectors. It wouldn't look absolutely perfect i spose, but you wouldn't have to cut anything either. No one would ever have to know . . .
 
Back
Top