Sleeving & Cable making experiments (braiding and new materials)

SHNS0

n00b
Hi guys, long time lurker but new poster here.

I'm a sleever and cable maker from Italy, today I'd like to share with you some of my most interesting and unique works
smile.png

I've had a sweet spot for custom cables ever since I became a PC enthusiast, and lately I've been experimenting with braids, new materials, cable illumination, and a lot of other fancy things.

Cable making today is kind of a dying sector of modding for a lot of reasons and I'm quite sad about it. I hope to inspire other people into getting to try it!

Opinions and critics are very appreciated
wink.png

Silver cables: only electrical cable - no sleeving. The cable is silver-plated copper with transparent teflon insulation, really high quality stuff that is usually used in aerospace applications.

It reflects and refracts light like no other and it's truly wonderful in a well-lighted and/or RGB build: the more light you give around it, the more it starts looking like illuminated optical fiber.

teqDvn9l.jpg

mEuJbnNl.jpg

enuwPyKl.jpg

kaH91wSl.jpg

Braided cables: after trying my hand with a really complex prototype that was looking wonderful but wasn't able to finish completely (inspired by the Crysis nanosuit), I went on doing more simple braidings.

However there's still much more to be experimented in this area! Would really love to see what other people come up with
wink.png

DF3wx8ql.jpg

49sOU04l.jpg

UkQ1DXKl.jpg

6Czu3azl.jpg

S1MlLj3l.jpg

Wow. I think I'd tear my eyes out about half way through. They look really good.

Back