Ok, so I got this Techflex sleeving kit and put it on my Enermax EG365P-VE 350Watt. I took the top off and carefully snipped off some extra wires I didn't need. After I sleeve modded my PSU, I put everything back in my box.
Tried to turn my computer on and it would light up and spin for 1/3 of a second and turn off. Kept taking power off and on, same thing. So I check all the connections and take out power cables one by one. I take out the molex from my Ati 9800 pro video card, start it up and it turns on but my cold cathodes and fan lights are very dim and my el wire doesn't even light up. Turning knobs on my fan controler but fans stay at same low speed.
It seems like for some reason my power supply is outputing very low energy. I took it out and even tested it alone by connecting green wire with black wire on mobo cable and same thing. Little/No energy? Is it possible that I bymistake crossed a wire when I was puting the cables back in the molex'? The mobo cable already came sleeved so I didn't touch that.
I replaced the power supply with another old 350W lying around to see if it's not just my sleeved PSU. So I turn it on and everything lights up, but I don't get any picture! Black screen and no drives moving/blinking/post!! Now I have two problems! I used to have this problem when I had loose connection somewhere but I make sure now everything is connected properly. I swap the graphics card with my old GeForce 4 Ti4600 and same problem, so probably not that, right?
Now I'm scared. Maybe the PSU fried my mother board/cpu/ram/video card?! Or maybe my old 350W is also broken? I ran out of extra components to test with.
What do I do now?! (I am posting this thread with my brothers computer)
Tried to turn my computer on and it would light up and spin for 1/3 of a second and turn off. Kept taking power off and on, same thing. So I check all the connections and take out power cables one by one. I take out the molex from my Ati 9800 pro video card, start it up and it turns on but my cold cathodes and fan lights are very dim and my el wire doesn't even light up. Turning knobs on my fan controler but fans stay at same low speed.
It seems like for some reason my power supply is outputing very low energy. I took it out and even tested it alone by connecting green wire with black wire on mobo cable and same thing. Little/No energy? Is it possible that I bymistake crossed a wire when I was puting the cables back in the molex'? The mobo cable already came sleeved so I didn't touch that.
I replaced the power supply with another old 350W lying around to see if it's not just my sleeved PSU. So I turn it on and everything lights up, but I don't get any picture! Black screen and no drives moving/blinking/post!! Now I have two problems! I used to have this problem when I had loose connection somewhere but I make sure now everything is connected properly. I swap the graphics card with my old GeForce 4 Ti4600 and same problem, so probably not that, right?
Now I'm scared. Maybe the PSU fried my mother board/cpu/ram/video card?! Or maybe my old 350W is also broken? I ran out of extra components to test with.
What do I do now?! (I am posting this thread with my brothers computer)