Sleeping GPU1?

Mr34727

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright, set up a little folder with a 750i board, e6600, 4gb, 8800GTS, 9800GT, 510w PC Power&Cooling.

Installed cuda 3.1 drivers, rebooted
Installed gpu3 client
Copied the fah folder in the programs x86 directory, named gpu0 and gpu1
Created shortcuts, made tags -local -gpu x (and on second gpu, -forcegpu nvidia_g80)
Checked nvidia control panel, the gpu1 (9800gt) is extended onto the second display (via svideo cable to monitor svideo input)

Now, gpu0 folds fine (8800GTS), but the 9800 just downloads a new core, goes to Working (0,0), then starts "Sleeping". Has anyone had this problem?

I have tried pointing it to the gpu0.exe (starting in its own appdata folder) and pointing it at gpu1.exe (starting in its own appdata folder). Both yield the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Anyone know if you still have to do the extend desktop for GPU3?

Never ran it, let alone multi GPU so I have no clue.

Even if you do, I have it extended, so im not sure why it would be sleeping. I read online that using the -forcegpu will make it unnecessary, but back when I used to fold alot it was what you did (that was back on Xp)

Alright, set up a little folder with a 750i board, e6600, 4gb, 8800GTS, 9800GT, 510w PC Power&Cooling.

Installed cuda 3.1 drivers, rebooted
Installed gpu3 client
Copied the fah folder in the programs x86 directory, named gpu0 and gpu1
Created shortcuts, made tags -local -gpu x (and on second gpu, -forcegpu nvidia_g80)
Checked nvidia control panel, the gpu1 (9800gt) is extended onto the second display (via svideo cable to monitor svideo input)

Now, gpu0 folds fine (8800GTS), but the 9800 just downloads a new core, goes to Working (0,0), then starts "Sleeping". Has anyone had this problem?

I have tried pointing it to the gpu0.exe (starting in its own appdata folder) and pointing it at gpu1.exe (starting in its own appdata folder). Both yield the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

first.. delete the GPU3 client.. second download and install the GPU2 client.. the GPU 3 client is only recommended for the 400 series cards and nothing else otherwise you are just wasting useless energy for nothing.. the gpu3 client runs like absolute shit on the g92 gpu cards..

also using svid to extend doesnt work.. has to be a dvi or vga cable..

Alright thats what I was thinking about the svideo cable. I am on my way out to radio shack right now to pick up some 68ohm resistors to make a dummy plug.

About gpu3- I have in my main rig a gts 250 I am folding the gpu3 client. I am getting about 6k ppd, would you suggest going to the gpu2 client? Thanks!

Update for those googling- uninstalled the gpu3, plugged in the dummy plug, set (in the resolution selection window) the standard VGA and extended it. Restarted, installed GPU2 and made all neccessary folders. Configured, working great now. Making about 10% more ppd.

Thanks guys!

Update for those googling- uninstalled the gpu3, plugged in the dummy plug, set (in the resolution selection window) the standard VGA and extended it. Restarted, installed GPU2 and made all neccessary folders. Configured, working great now. Making about 10% more ppd.

Thanks guys!

enjoy.. wait til you get the faster WU's and see a 20-30% PPD boost.. for my GTX 260 it was a difference of about 2-3k PPD.. i never topped 6200 PPD on the gpu3 client though its insanely more stable in the gpu2 client and uses way less video memory.. the lower points just dont justify the other gains..

enjoy.. wait til you get the faster WU's and see a 20-30% PPD boost.. for my GTX 260 it was a difference of about 2-3k PPD.. i never topped 6200 PPD on the gpu3 client though its insanely more stable in the gpu2 client and uses way less video memory.. the lower points just dont justify the other gains..

I know every system hardware is different but i have only had a few stability problem's with gpu-2 client 95% of those where my fault.

I know every system hardware is different but i have only had a few stability problem's with gpu-2 client 95% of those where my fault.

the biggest issue with gpu2 client had/has is when folding on an overclocked card and trying to play a video.. whether its using hardware accel or not it makes the rest of the system useless while the video's playing.. the gpu3 client doesnt have this problem.. you also cant move the video from screen to screen if your running a dual display setup like i am.. which the GPU3 client doesnt have that problem.. but the fact that i stop my client a lot to play games and that it took more then a day to finish a gpu3 WU that had only a 3 day deadline it wasnt worth it just to make video watching hassle free..

.. but the fact that i stop my client a lot to play games and that it took more then a day to finish a gpu3 WU that had only a 3 day deadline it wasnt worth it just to make video watching hassle free..
Wow, are the GPU3 WUs that big??

FWIW, when I pulled my single slot 9600GSO to install a new (to me) 9800GTX+, I had similar problems - I had to completely erase the folder with all the program files and re-create the folder fresh for the new card. Hasn't seemed to freeze up on me in several days.

Wow, are the GPU3 WUs that big??

they arent big they are just slow as shit on anything other then GTX 400 series cards.. i mean hell compare the difference.. a gtx 480 does 12-14k PPD compared to a GTX 285 that does 7200-7500 PPD on the same WU.. if im not mistaken the GTX 400's take 1-2 hours per WU or something like that.. some one that runs the GPU3 on a 400 series could correct that.. i quit running the gpu3 client on my 260 a couple weeks after it was released so there was only 2 WU's running on it at the time..

Back