"Sleep" won't work on Vista and causes BIOS resets?

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
If you've been following my threads, you know my system has been acting kind of flaky. I had some kind of issue where it wouldn't shut down, only restart and fixed it by moving to a different case (grounding problem?).

Now this is another problem that has been going on about the same length of time, but I just started messing around with it again tonight. The computer will not go to Sleep. When I select that command, the monitor turns off, but not the fans and then it's completely non responsive. I have to turn it off with the power switch. When I turn it back on, it will just sit there with the video card fan spun up and a black screen, no post or anything. Then I hit reset and it comes up, but sometimes the BIOS settings are all erased and when I get into Windows, the time has been reset to 2001.

It doesn't do this everytime, sometimes I just have to turn it off and back on and then it boots up and when it gets to Windows it says "resuming" like it went to sleep.

Any ideas? This same system used to Sleep without any issues.

edit: this motherfucking piece of shit is doing the restart thing again instead of turning off :mad::mad::mad:
it was working fine all day, I didn't change a single piece of hardware
I'm RMAing the motherboard or the whole system if I have to

Specs:
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Intel Q9450
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator
ATI 4870
VelociRaptor
Corsair HX620W
Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Back