Sleep Mode??

Old&slow_1

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
6
I have a new system build with windows 7 and I can't for the life of me get the thing in sleep mode properly. The power doesn't shut off completely.
PSU and cpu fan continue while everything else shuts down.

Any thoughts?
 
I have a new system build with windows 7 and I can't for the life of me get the thing in sleep mode properly. The power doesn't shut off completely.
PSU and cpu fan continue while everything else shuts down.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like confusion between "sleep" and "hibernate".

Edit: Other thoughts could be BIOS, chipset software, etc. Might want to send your system information.
 
Cheap Jetway board,2 gig ddr3 and dual core cpu with and asus dvi card added to the PCI-x slot.
2 usb devices. Kb and mouse. Nothing fancy but good for wifey!
 
I'd focus your searches on the manufacturer site for the Jetway board first. BIOS updates, BIOS settings, chipset software updates, etc. can all make a difference.
 
Back
Top