I just installed my new XFX 5970 using the Catalyst 10.3 drivers. The first thing I encounter is my monitor (Hanns-G 28") will not go into sleep mode. Does anyone have a fix for this? I stopped buying ATI products in 2003 or 2004 because of their crappy drivers after I bought a X800XT. I finally gave up out of frustration and bought an Nvidia card and I have always used Nvidia cards ever since. Although I have had problems with Nvidia's drivers from time to time, for the most part they have been stable. At least they put the monitor in sleep mode. I decided to take a chance and try ATI again when I upgraded since I have not been pleased with the way Nvidia has acted lately and ATI have the fastest cards. I can't believe that something so simple as sleep mode has not been fixed in their drivers. I did a search and there are numerous people on AMD's forums who are pissed because they monitors will not go into sleep mode. I hope this is not the start of another bad experience with their drivers. If anyone has any suggestion it would be appreciated. Thanks.