• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

"Sleep" Mode problems in Windows 7

SiliconValley

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
226
I'm up and running Windows 7 64-bit and loving it so far. My only problem is that I can't seem to get the "sleep" mode to work properly. When I put the computer into sleep mode it goes to sleep but when it tries to wake back up I just get a black screen (although the computer itself comes back on). Anyone else having this issue or know of a resolution?
 
I'm up and running Windows 7 64-bit and loving it so far. My only problem is that I can't seem to get the "sleep" mode to work properly. When I put the computer into sleep mode it goes to sleep but when it tries to wake back up I just get a black screen (although the computer itself comes back on). Anyone else having this issue or know of a resolution?

Dunno. Haven't tried to Sleep my laptop. Will try later when I get home. Just remember to submit feedback to MS about the issue. ;)
 
Have you tried the 185.20 drivers for your video card? I had that problem using the 181 drivers, and when I installed 185, it solved that issue.
 
Dunno. Haven't tried to Sleep my laptop. Will try later when I get home. Just remember to submit feedback to MS about the issue. ;)

My sleep works as well on my laptop. Inspiron 1420. C2D 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 8400M with the latest beta notebook drivers right from NV.
 
Open device manager and make sure you don't have hardware w/o drivers. I had an issue with sleep with Windows 7 that was resolved after installing the latest chipset driver from my motherboard manufacturer.

Jeff
 
Back
Top