Slarti's in, has questions

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
7,280
Hey guys, I've been perusing this forum a little bit, and everybody seems to enjoy doing this, so I thought I would jump in :cool: I'm still learning the client, so for right now I'm letting it use just a portion of my main comp (A64 1.8ghz). But this weekend I will get my dual celly 366 up and running, and I will let that run 24/7 at 100%. I know it's not much, but it's still something. I just got four P3 733's in the mail, so when I get my hands on a mobo I'll disect the dual celly in favor of the P3's.

So anyways, I'm using the console version of the client, and I was wondering if there was a way to either hide it when it's running, or do I just have to leave the command prompt window open? Also, in looking at the personal stat's page, there's something about a hardfolding stat's id. What's that all about?

Thanks!
 
console- once you reboot it's hidden. Or close the black box, go into services and start the service. Check task manager, should be all happy.

hf.com stats ID- I'm aweful with those. I found that getting in the top 10 makes the scolling on me easier... :)

just a portion --- what are you a wussy moose lover?

:p
 
when you first set it up is asks you if you want it to run as a service and you should select YES. i dont know how to do it any other way. you could just close the console window and delete the config file that way you dont lose your already folded stuff
 
Krayzie135 said:
. you could just close the console window and delete the config file that way you dont lose your already folded stuff
no...just stop it (ctrl+c) then run again with -configonly and set to be ran as service, restart and boom...you will be cool...also pick up em3 from http://em-dc.com
Welcome and watch for the reach around :)

FOR THE HORDE
 
What exactly is that E3 thing? I read a bit about it and couldn't really figure it out.

Reach around...?
 
Slartibartfast said:
What exactly is that E3 thing? I read a bit about it and couldn't really figure it out.

Reach around...?

E3 is a monitering program that tracks your F@H progess. And its networkable. its very nice
AND
just be carefull around some four legged animals in these here parts :)

 
marty9876 said:
just a portion --- what are you a wussy moose lover?

:p

And who runs an A64 at 1.8ghz?!! Any true [H] folder runs his A64 to the brink of instability then takes one step back and then sets the folding to 100%! :D

 
AtomicMoose said:
Ask Marty.

Yea, you wish you could reach through these tight buns.

<note to self: don't ever say that again>
 
marty9876 said:
Yea, you wish you could reach through these tight buns.

<note to self: don't ever say that again>
*head explodes from laughter* :eek: :eek: :eek:

FOR THE HORDE
 
Imitation said:
And who runs an A64 at 1.8ghz?!! Any true [H] folder runs his A64 to the brink of instability then takes one step back and then sets the folding to 100%! :D


Hey, quit pickin' on my poor comp. Who runs at A64 at 1.8ghz? A poor SOB like me with a cheapass $60 chaintech mobo that can't overclock. Not to mention the half gig of ram, a flakey sata controller and a psu on it's way out, she can't take much more of this captain!
 
Slartibartfast said:
Hey, quit pickin' on my poor comp. Who runs at A64 at 1.8ghz? A poor SOB like me with a cheapass $60 chaintech mobo that can't overclock. Not to mention the half gig of ram, a flakey sata controller and a psu on it's way out, she can't take much more of this captain!

LOL I was just kidding. Overclocking isn't for everyone, whereas folding on the hand... Everyone should participate in!
 
Slartibartfast said:
Hey, quit pickin' on my poor comp. Who runs at A64 at 1.8ghz? A poor SOB like me with a cheapass $60 chaintech mobo that can't overclock. Not to mention the half gig of ram, a flakey sata controller and a psu on it's way out, she can't take much more of this captain!
easy there....we pick on everyone here :D especially marty and moose...i think that in the rules and regulations it states that if you dont get teased at least a little you arent "officially" part of the team. so think of it has a initiation :)

FOR THE HORDE
 
roftranspo said:
easy there....we pick on everyone here :D especially marty and moose...i think that in the rules and regulations it states that if you dont get teased at least a little you arent "officially" part of the team. so think of it has a initiation :)

FOR THE HORDE

Shut up you dumb bastard! :mad:

There see, I just made roftranspo feel better about himself! Another good deed done today! :)

 
pageian said:
Shut up you dumb bastard! :mad:

There see, I just made roftranspo feel better about himself! Another good deed done today! :)

yay :D my friday is now complete :cool:

FOR THE HORDE
 
lol honestly, it's reading threads like this one that made me want to get involved :p In a few months I'm going to be putting together a dual opty 248, so trust me when I say there's a lot of folding in my future ;)
 
Slartibartfast said:
lol honestly, it's reading threads like this one that made me want to get involved :p In a few months I'm going to be putting together a dual opty 248, so trust me when I say there's a lot of folding in my future ;)
SWEET....mmmmm opty...hey...sign up for the ironnuts invitional http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1034436 and really get yourself going

Get yourself a badge by going to hardfolding.com, signup there and put in your stanford info and it will tell you how to do the rest

FOR THE HORDE
 
roftranspo said:
Get yourself a badge by going to hardfolding.com, signup there and put in your stanford info and it will tell you how to do the rest

Ya know, I should smack you! ;) Duster is the n00b welcomer extrodinaire. :D

J/K, just continuining in the vein of making you feel good about yourself. :D

 
p[H]ant0m said:
Ya know, I should smack you! ;) Duster is the n00b welcomer extrodinaire. :D
I know...i was waiting for him to do his thing...but he has been slacking today...and i know he has been on since he has replied to other stuff...so :p

FOR THE HORDE
 
Back
Top