Skyscraper

I like it alot.
Keep posting, and whatever you do, don't abandon this project.

and how much space in those harddrives?

Sehr gut.

there's space for 10 disks...at the moment there are 7 disks in the tower (1.12 TB)

That is going to be one sweet case, looks great so far. Keep up the good work.

Jawsome, I like the tower o hard disks! Keep up with the updates, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is looking forward to more updates!

I found some stuff called "Instant Rust Set", but it's just available in US or with credit card...but i don't live in the US and i haven't got a credit card...

27105-OG1ww.jpg
27105-OF1ww.jpg

edit:

k, found one, who sells it in germany and ordered 2 sets...

no...

4 Samsung SV1604N 160gb (ATA)
1 Samsung ??? 160gb (S-ATA)
1 Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120gb (ATA)
1 Western Digital 200gb (ATA)

tut mir leid, dass mein deutsch so schlecht ist.

was für ein kamera hast du?

deine mod braucht besser fotos.

gut gemacht!

ok, i've began with the cooling building...on the pics, that's the top of it with 2 of 3 radiators and 2 fans...in the end there will be 3 sharkoon lownoise fans...

kgb01.jpg

kgb02.jpg

kgb03.jpg

Awesome project, keep it up. Wow 1.12 TB :eek: do you really need that much hdd space? Can't wait until you finish this project is going to kick ass!

melloman said:
could there be any problems, when i make the cooling building with polystyrene ??
First off, great idea and wonderful job on it so far. Reminds me of the Metropolis mod with its city influence, but this one has much more to it. Plus this thing will be able to run any game no problem. I think the way you are building and the design methods used are perfect for the mod. Great work and keep it up!
As far as polystyrene, most of the people with model building experience will tell you that the material is quite durable as long as you properly apply the right liquid bonding glue. Use the best you can find at a hobby/train store. Hold the two pieces together and let the glue seep into the joint, for example from a brush. Use the thickest material you can for all of the large surfaces. You can form curves in the sheets of polystyrene by heating with a heat gun, but be careful not to overheat it. Really it might be best if you start with some sort of metal enclosure so that everything inside will be properly supported and heat from the radiators won't be a problem. Maybe the pipes that go between the buildings would have a stronger mounting that way, too.
It's easy enough to make a metal box from scratch, and easier still to grab a box from some other metal object and make it work as the steel frame of the building. Then you can attach the decorations made from polystyrene and the whole thing will be very strong.
Good luck with the polystyrene, it's a great material.

thx for your information :)
yesterday i've got the rust color which piloux used for his hl2 mod...

some new plans...

front.jpg

back.jpg

left.jpg

The entrance should look like...

this one...
entrance.jpg

or this one...
entrance02.jpg

currently it's my room temp *gg*
but it'll be the water temp before it goes to the cpu cooler...

cool idea, that way you can get the ΔT° of the water as a result of the processor alone. I'm definitely interested in the results.

Melloman,
I have been watching for a while, and I wanted to contribute an idea that I don't know whether you can use. My friend does vinyl signs and he said he can print anything I want on clear adhesive plastic up to three feet wide and 20 feet long. Could you find someplace over there that could do that for you to make the sides of the building. Design one row and just repeat it down the building for your bricks and windows. Or get it from a screen capture or something like you have already. Then it would really look like a skyscraper! Just an idea, but whatever you do, keep up the good work! :D

brasherman

thanks for the idea...how thick would the plastic be ? and how much would it cost ?
would it be possible, that i give you an image, an he prints it on a plate ? how does this work ? sorry for all the questions, but i^m very interested :D

Well, it's kinda like a piece of overhead plastic with adhesive on one side. You print on the back in reverse and peel the adhesive off to stick it to glass. It's a few mils thick, but not as thick as paper. Getting it done here probably wouldn't make sense, but getting someone there to do it would. That way you could have some creative control. Just find someplace that does good vinyl signs; that's his normal cup of tea. I am going to have him to a sandblast style one for the harley case I have started; just a graphic that looks like a sandblasting of a Harley v-twin. Does that help?

today i've ordered a BlackIce Pro Triple Radiator...it will replace the other 3 radiators...
the small one get's his place inside the main building...
i'll just use one of the hydors and just one water tank...

because of the mainboards size, the dvd rom an the system harddisk will be built into the cooling building...

Apparently he thought you were toing to use the tower as an evaporative cooler for the water cooling.

Back