Skylake Quad Core NUC

Zap

[H]ard|Gawd
The mini PC will also support Thunderbolt 3 across USB-C, so gaming-minded users can connect an external graphics card dock.

I can understand wanting that functionality for a laptop that you will take with you, but why for a NUC that never leaves the desk?

Blorgon

Limp Gawd
I can understand wanting that functionality for a laptop that you will take with you, but why for a NUC that never leaves the desk?

Yeah, it makes more sense for laptop users, but maybe people will want to take their NUC places. I could see going to a LAN party with a NUC and an ITX eGPU enclosure.

jcagara08

Limp Gawd
its about damn time they realized to tap the market hungry for this form factor PLUS THUNDERBOLT 3 connectivity for that external GPU extra juice!

Blorgon

Limp Gawd
Been working on a custom NUC case design that I'm hoping to use for this. Getting excited.

Kaos_Drem

Gawd
Judging by the current crop of i7 NUC's, probably in the $500 range.

I would be very surprised if it comes in that low. I would bet its closer to what the Brix Pro 4770R came in originally at, which was closer to 650 I think.

Blorgon

Limp Gawd
The only thing I've seen about a Skylake Brix has been a machine using DDR3... Anybody know if they'll try for another Brix Gaming?

CHANG3D

Supreme [H]ardness
With an thunderbolt 3, we could have an under 3L nuc lan party machine If I recall correctly, a radeon R9 is about ~6.5 x 4.4" and a NUC board is ~4.5 x 4.4". A ~7 x 5 x 4" case with a nuc board + low profile cpu fan and radeon R9 could be possible assuming that the pcie to thunderbolt 3 dock isn't any bigger that those other dimensions.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If you also would like to make this happen, let me know!