Skyhawk Silver ATX Server Case $26.99

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Dealsonic.com has the SkyHawk MSR4610 Silver 1.2mm Aluminum ATX Mini Server Case, for only $26.99 after $3 Off Coupon

Link

I have had this case (or at any rate a very similar one from Skyhawk - mine has front firewire ports and a volume control as well) for the past 3 years. Back then it went for $150 (Al cases were expensive back then!). It's been an awesome case, especially the removable motherboard tray which removes the PCI cards with it. I have modded it to put a window in. Definitely the best case I've ever had. If I had a use for another one, I would consider buying this...

Got this 3 weeks ago when it was on sale for the same price at dealsonic.com. Shipping was $12 I think. I've had Lian Li's in the past, this isn't the same quality material, but it's CLOSE and a great product and case for the pricepoint. If you are looking for a new case, this is great for the price.

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20006.jpg

It's worth it just for the tray, which are hard to find for that price.

nice case, i like all the rounded metal, looks pretty injury safe! good layout in the inside too!

i've been looking at this case for quite some time now. how's the cooling? i see there are only 1 intake, 1 exhaust and 2 side fans which I'm not too fond of. layout looks great, finally got to see one filled with parts! i'll have to go and order this now, seems like a nice cheap case to mod. also how's the sound?

It couldn't be any louder than that blanket it is sitting on!

lol, j/k. :D

I use to have that same case, but I built a new system and passed it on to a friend. Depends on your fans, and if you cut the grills or not, but sound is nothing bad. I cut mine for a 120 on the front and bondo'd the sides up. I don't like side fans and I was painting it gloss white.

Those side intakes look good for some air funneling. 3" to 4" lengths of dryer tube shaped properly to blow cool-filtered air over both the cpu and gpu.

EchoMatrix said:
why are all computer cases ugly, hugh, and heavy?

Ugly - very relative. I like simple, clean lines, much like this case's.

heavy - it's aluminum!

hugh - huge? - actually, that is almost as small as a standard ATX design can get, unless a unique PSU or other component is used.

EchoMatrix said:
why are all computer cases ugly, hugh, and heavy?

You call that ugly & heavy? You should see my junk, I have a quarter rack at home, with 4 rack mountable boxes. Each of the cases alone weigh about 10-15 pounds! Then the rack, takes two people to carry it.

Tiny said:
It couldn't be any louder than that blanket it is sitting on!

lol, j/k. :D

Dont' make fun, that's a fleece blanket my GF made for me 3 years ago :)

I wonder if the twin 120mm heatercores that 2Fresh sells in the FS/FT forums will fit in here? This looks like a neat project case for me to build my HTPC into for cheap, but I already know that I want to move that HTPC into something that can handle high volume watercooling for total silence...

Would anyone that has one of these be so kind as to take a measurement from front to back for me to see how much depth there is leading up to the PSU?

I have 3 on the way. Hopefully they make it across the country in good shape.

Back