Skydiving Using Google Earth

That actually doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. There might actually be some market for that. Personally I would prefer the real thing, but for those that don't want to risk it, this might be an interesting alternative.

Steve, I love it that you find all these really funny things to amuse us. People are definately turning into wusses. Everything has to be electronic. Next thing you know, deer hunting will be banned and the state will hand you Deer Hunter for the Wii. :mad:

I always wondered what happens when a bunch of Asians get liquored up.

Surprised that he didnt fit it with some sort of image recorder, maybe a secured flip video

Steve, I love it that you find all these really funny things to amuse us. People are definately turning into wusses. Everything has to be electronic. Next thing you know, deer hunting will be banned and the state will hand you Deer Hunter for the Wii. :mad:

Who wants to sit around in a tree stand all day in the bitter cold with deer piss all over you to hide your sent waiting for that one brief moment when you might get a shot at a deer... When instead you can sit in the comfort of your own home and hunt deer on the screen...

We are a lazy society that wants to have our favorite activities without any of the inconvenience.

What's with that circular track-pad input thingy on the netbook? Never seen one of those before.

Isnt this just one of those google commercials? Meaning paid for by googoel.Been seeing them a lot on TV. Reminds me of the Chrome browser commercials that show how fast it can load a web page

Circular scrolling eh. Any other advanced uses/functions?
It reminds me of a NLE scrubbing wheel.

I wasn't able to find much info about the notebooks, the site's kinda vague, and short on details.

Not sure, but it sounds like how the touch pad on my sons gateway works. You can run your finger in a circle & it scrolls the page. Keeps you from running off the pad, but does take some getting used to. Maybe they just made a round pad to go with the idea. I'd be curious to know about all the bells & whistles myself.

a) that looks fun as hell, b) that's as close as I'll ever get to skydiving, and c) Asians are a weired bunch

Back