Skillz new MB

Never really looked into how mining PCs get all those videocards to work in unison, and now I see it's a mess of risers. Thanks for the 411!

Well mining doesn't require a lot of bandwidth like BOINC projects do. So I'm not sure how well it'll perform.

Yeah...mining will run fine typically off of the 1x slots whereas many DC projects will require an 8x or higher these days. Still some that may not, but as a rule of thumb, best to go with that..lol.

32bit Windows may have a limitation due to number of addresses, but 64bit should be able to handle a very large number of cards. I know Patriot/Eagle07 had like 9 in a box once before we realized GPUGrid had a max limit of 8 GPU's per host. So, even Windows 7 64bit should work.

The downside is whether or not the drivers support that many cards. In which case, you could mix AMD/nVidia in the same box...

Well the product page shows 6 AMD cards and 6 NVIDIA cards in the diagrams.

I'll take two. :)

Just need to win the lottery to be able to afford it

Holy shit that thing is a beast!

Outside of the 11x PCIe x1 3.0 slots, that board is anemica in just about every way you can imagine. This would have made more sense to be done in the XL-ATX form factor on X299 or X399 with a CPU that supports 44 or more PCIe lanes.

You know I was actually tempted to get one of those. Found one just over 3k, but then I did the math and unless I was VERY short on space, it made way more sense to build a box for every two cards. Then I had a baby, then I sold off most of my cards. I have one each of 1080 Ti, 1080, 980 Ti, and 690. No way I'm going to stay in the top 100 now, though, unless I'm willing to compete with the Curecoin folks, which I'm not. I'm happy with my 2M PPD for now. Anybody want to start programming for [H]ardCoin?

Bring those GPUs to BOINC for a little while. lol

What about this new Gigabyte motherboard? So can hold 4 dual slot GPU cards running at x16. Or if you are lucky to find reasonably powerful single-slot GPU card, you can run seven cards, all at x8.

Oh I forgot. TR has 64 PCIE lanes too. Maybe trying to match TR?

omg_it_has_a_watermark.jpg

Look out mdudes i just upgraded to 1070 :D hoping to break into top 100 team 33 before the summer is over

Nice upgrade! Are you doing anything with your CPUs? We could use the help in BOINC projects, specifically World Community Grid where we lost our first place standings in a challenge.

It's easy to sign up. Just follow this link to automatically join the team after sign up:
https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=993628&teamId=BP5XNJBR9N1

Then download the BOINC client and attach WCG to it:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php

Once you've done the two steps above just login with your WCG account in the BOINC client and done.

Nice upgrade! Are you doing anything with your CPUs? We could use the help in BOINC projects, specifically World Community Grid where we lost our first place standings in a challenge.

I'm currently only running a FX8320 @4.2.... not really much of a cpu. would it be worthwhile?

Yes it would help. The team beating us by over two times the production has around 4 times the number of members. An 8 core CPU would do fairly well. Run it and find out.

Yes it would help. The team beating us by over two times the production has around 4 times the number of members. An 8 core CPU would do fairly well. Run it and find out.

Do i need to do anything to limit the threads it uses so my folding doesn't suffer or just let it run?

You'll want to run 7 of your cores. Go to the advanced view in the BOINC client and then preferences. Select CPU usage to 80%. So it'll only use 7 out of 8 cores.

Back