Skate 2 Demo

Didnt played ... ps3 demo release is on the 15.But what i read so far is pretty mixed. Some people find the game very ''tonyhawkish'' because the camera is more far than in the first skate. Also people do not seems to like the control when youre off the board , they called them sluggish and innacurate. Also , there is an 8 minutes timer on the demo.

Some other people love it...

I have high hopes for this game, i really hope they deliver!

bump for seriousness.

Just played the demo and I'm so disappointed. =/ The original skate was masterfully done, enough so that I played the demo over and over again before Skate's release and then after when I lost my copy of the game.

Everything feels much less realistic, much more arcadey much less sim. doing any flip tricks seemed to make me float for a moment as the trick is performed. It makes the board rotation easier to see, but makes playing feel strange and unresponsive.

I know this is only the demo, but I don't remember much change from the 1st demo to the original game because there didn't need to be any.

Was so pumped, I spent easily 100 hours on skate just goin about.

I really don't see what peepee is talking about, maybe he's just not used to the 60fps Skate 2 delivers now?
The game feels and plays fantastically. Only complaint is that walking around off your board feels weird, but it isn't like you'll be spending the majority of your time doing that anyway.
It still requires you to have a high level of accuracy to land grinds and tricks properly.
Feels just as "sim"-like to me.

Basically, if you liked Skate, get Skate 2. Nuff said.

First thing I noticed when I popped in the demo.. Holy shit smooth fps.

Only complaint I have so far is like many others, the walking. The responsiveness / camera positioning is garbage when off the board. Other then that I'm looking forward to picking it up and playing it a lot just like the first one.

Yep smooth fps!

I have to say i really like the demo and will pick up this game next week!

Back