• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SK43G vs. SN41G2

woo.Designs

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
456
I'm looking to build a SFF system. I have most of the components already. They consist of:

CPU: Athlon XP 2500+ Mobile
RAM: Corsair XMS Pro Series 1024MB (512MBx2) PC3200
HD: Hitachi 7K400 400GB SATA HD
CD: Liteon 52X Burner (Black Bezel)
Vid: MSI Ti4600 128MB 8X AGP

What would be the best SFF barebones for the components that I currently have? Would it be the Shuttle SK43G, Shuttle SN41G2, or something different?
 
I would say the sn45g if you can still find one. It doesnt have integrated graphics but it will hit 200fsb, which is not guaranteed with the ones ur looking at. Biostar has some neat sff but I dont think the 210v supports mobile processors. I guess people like the 200n though

I would go with a nforce 2 chipset if possible thought, so my vote is sn41g2 :)

Another option is to get a mATX board and put it in a sff case, such as a qpack or antec aria. Silverstone has one that looks pretty sexy. You would need a cpu cooler for these though.
 
Alright great thanks for your opinion. I've been looking for a while for an SN41G2. I've looked at eBay but people are usually just selling full SFF and not barebones. Where would you recommend looking? Other than the forums of course.
 
I think i've finally opted to going with the Q Pack. As far as the motherboard goes, i've narrowed it down to the Asus K8S-MX. Is this a good A64 board?
 
Back
Top