Sites will not load in browser

Subtle

Limp Gawd
Alright, i got a huge problem with my Toshiba Laptop P300 with XP Professional installed.

Sites like Google, Youtube, Altavista, Facebook does not load, nothing happens when i try to do a google search or visit facebook, nothing happens.

I have tried various firewall settings, spyware and virus removals, and various security levels etc etc.

Sites like this one works, MSN, MSN Seach, Steam works.. newspaper sites works etc.

I have no idea what to do about this, ive tried on both wireless and cable, i have even tried another internet distrubutor, but the results are the same.
Ive also tried Firefox, and Internet Explorer with no luck, also upgraded windows to SP 3.

When i restored my firewall to default settings, i could do a google search, but after 5 seconds i couldnt do a new search.

Please help, i need this to work.

Do you have another computer which is behind a router/firewall and is working? Your PC and the router the firewall must be set for DHCP. If so, disable the firewalls on your laptop then unplug the network cable from the working PC and plug it into the laptop. Does your laptop still not work? Are there other PC on the LAN? Can you see those PC's and share files with them? If so, your browser may be hijacked. Look for tools to help you find and fix the hosts file.

Back