Site contains malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_Leo

[H]ard|Gawd
every time i visit this site i get this popup in chrome.

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on ++++++++++++++ might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide details
Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on hardforum.com. Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from ++++++++++++++, a known malware distributor.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this unsafe site before the dangerous programs have been removed.

Let us know immediately if you see any more issues. Thanks.

There was no malware on HardOCP or HardForum, but rather a live link that did direct to a malware site.

We are not sure how the box was / is compromised. All the associated URLs and IPs have been censored, so there should be no way for you to be compromised. It looks as if all browsers that are up to date are already protected against the malware it was pointing to.

Give a scan for exploit: HTML/Meadgive.J This was the only malware that the site pointed to.

I have used multiplier browsers on the site all day long without issue.

Was the forum's database restored from backups? Earlier today I saw this thread having dozens of replies.

Received it as well around 3:45 - 4? Have been on the forum all day until then. Could not get back on until about 30-45 minutes ago?

STOP THE PRESSES!

The favicon is gone. We must set up search parties going in all directions.

Yes, that will be gone for a bit till we get a handle on things.

I did take a screenshot at work that had an IP Address if that will help.

We got it. :) To be clear, there was never any malware on HardOCP or HardForum. The malware was resident on the ip shown in your picture...that is NOT our IP. There was a link to that site injected into our footer. And even if you found the pixel to click on, which I did multiple times, your browser would still throw up a huge warning. You would have to circumvent a couple of warnings to get to the actual malware on the other site, and even then your anti-virus should be aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back