Sister pawned my little bro's DS, so WTB: DS or DS Lite, cheaply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
Well let me tell you guys a quick story:

I just found out that my 26 year old whackjob of a sister and her fat bastard husband STOLE my 15 year old little brother's original DS and all of his games, and sold them to a pawn shop. And this kid is a Nintendo nut, he had like 60 DS games in perfect condition all in their cases, has mario everything, I mean the kid LOVES nintendo. He's big into the classic stuff from when I was a kid even. I am sooo pissed off... he is a great kid and didn't deserve this kind of shit. And he's absolutely heartbroken about all of this. :(

So I want to find him a nice clean used DS or DS Lite on the cheap. None of us have a lot of money but we're willing to scrape something together to help him out. And meanwhile I'm going to have to sit here and resist the urge to do Very Bad Things (tm) to my sister and her scummy husband.

I see DSes and DS lites on this forum every so often, so I know you guys are the place to come to. Help me out, wouldja?

Let me know what you have and send me a PM with how much it would take to get it into my little bro's hands.

Heatware: 67-0-0
Personal ISP email: [email protected]

Bump for a cause!

If I find my old fatty blue DS I may be able to swing it your way free + ship.

I'll let you know if I get around to finding that sucker.

That's totally horrible, =[

Here's one I saw a few mins ago: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1204620

Probably out of your price range but it's one for sell nonetheless.

I'm also selling a bunch of DS games for really cheap in my own thread. Not like I'm trying to cash in your misfortune but I have some brand new in the package games for 10.00 to 15.00.

Good luck in resolving the matter though, that's completely horrible and I'm with 4b5 I'd get the cops involved immediately if they already haven't yet cuz she'll likely do it again.

This is wretched. I'd pawn (or burn) anything of your sister's thaI could get my hands on.

How long do you have to buy him a new one? If the next 50 people who read this thread each donate a couple of bucks, you can buy him a new one.

PM your Paypal. I'll start off with $5 donation.

Start pawning her stuff off to get the money to buy a new one. Sounds fair enough to me.

just a suggestion but...cops?

It's a delicate situation, but if I had my way the both their asses would be arrested for theft post haste. I don't live there (I'm the oldest son, 31) and just got the news from my mom today. My sister is 26 and just had a baby (prematurely) back in January. After she had the baby the next day she was rushed to the ER and turns out she had fluid on her heart or something like that which led to a much extended recovery. So my mom and stepdad have let them stay in their house so that she could recover and mom and stepdad can help take care of the baby - premies are a tough job to tackle even for an experienced parent. But health issues aside my sister is still a slimeball and has been for many years, causing our family all kinds of BS.

So the baby is well and healthy 6 months down the road, and my sister and her fatass hubby have already been wearing out their welcome and my mother has been on the verge of kicking their asses out anyway. This past weekend my little brother was nice enough to let them borrow his DS for a few hours while he and my parents went out to shop or hell probably just to get away from my fuckwit sister, and when they got back my little brother noticed his DS was nowhere to be found. And when he went to his room his DS shelf had been totally wiped out - and we're talking like 60 games here all in their cases in immaculate condition. My little brother is anal like that - a place for everything and everything in it's place. So he basically freaks and is almost in tears... and then everyone puts it together what happened. They confront my sis about it and she gets a funny look on her face and shrugs her shoulders, and won't talk about it. They try and coax her by asking her if she pawned it, because she had been asking to borrow money for the past week anyway. Again, funny look and she won't say anything. At this point my brother knows what happened and is flat out crying. I don't know if it's that his beloved DS is gone forever, or that his blood sister STOLE from him, or a combination of the two... but now I seriously want to kill her and so does everyone else. She's been kicked out and I think the only reason the police havent been involved is because everyone is worried about the baby and what will happen to it.

I'm still so fucking pissed off. My little brother is awesome. He makes good grades and is a great kid, but he's special and gifted too. No. He's fucking brilliant. He loves classical music, can play the piano by ear, is a prize honor drama student at his school, and is if he continues on the path he's on he will probably be a star. He works so hard and this is the shit he gets from life? That's bullshit and I won't stand for it. Period.

Like I said earlier aside from his love of music he is a fan of everything Nintendo. Has been for years. I don't know what inspired it in him but I'm damn proud being of the Super Mario generation myself. So he collects not only new nintendo games like DS and gamecube, but allllll the older stuff. He's got an NES and a growing collection of obscure NES carts, mario shirts, pants, ties, caps, clothes, alll kinds of neat stuff. I don't know if it's losing all the DS stuff that hurt him most or just that his sister did it, but I want to help him out and make him feel better. :(

Sorry if this post seems long and ranty and disjointed, but I'm still so pissed I can barely see straight.

It's a delicate situation, but if I had my way the both their asses would be arrested for theft post haste. I don't live there (I'm the oldest son, 31) and just got the news from my mom today. My sister is 26 and just had a baby (prematurely) back in January. After she had the baby the next day she was rushed to the ER and turns out she had fluid on her heart or something like that which led to a much extended recovery. So my mom and stepdad have let them stay in their house so that she could recover and mom and stepdad can help take care of the baby - premies are a tough job to tackle even for an experienced parent. But health issues aside my sister is still a slimeball and has been for many years, causing our family all kinds of BS.

So the baby is well and healthy 6 months down the road, and my sister and her fatass hubby have already been wearing out their welcome and my mother has been on the verge of kicking their asses out anyway. This past weekend my little brother was nice enough to let them borrow his DS for a few hours while he and my parents went out to shop or hell probably just to get away from my fuckwit sister, and when they got back my little brother noticed his DS was nowhere to be found. And when he went to his room his DS shelf had been totally wiped out - and we're talking like 60 games here all in their cases in immaculate condition. My little brother is anal like that - a place for everything and everything in it's place. So he basically freaks and is almost in tears... and then everyone puts it together what happened. They confront my sis about it and she gets a funny look on her face and shrugs her shoulders, and won't talk about it. They try and coax her by asking her if she pawned it, because she had been asking to borrow money for the past week anyway. Again, funny look and she won't say anything. At this point my brother knows what happened and is flat out crying. I don't know if it's that his beloved DS is gone forever, or that his blood sister STOLE from him, or a combination of the two... but now I seriously want to kill her and so does everyone else. She's been kicked out and I think the only reason the police havent been involved is because everyone is worried about the baby and what will happen to it.

I'm still so fucking pissed off. My little brother is awesome. He makes good grades and is a great kid, but he's special and gifted too. No. He's fucking brilliant. He loves classical music, can play the piano by ear, is a prize honor drama student at his school, and is if he continues on the path he's on he will probably be a star. He works so hard and this is the shit he gets from life? That's bullshit and I won't stand for it. Period.

Like I said earlier aside from his love of music he is a fan of everything Nintendo. Has been for years. I don't know what inspired it in him but I'm damn proud being of the Super Mario generation myself. So he collects not only new nintendo games like DS and gamecube, but allllll the older stuff. He's got an NES and a growing collection of obscure NES carts, mario shirts, pants, ties, caps, clothes, alll kinds of neat stuff. I don't know if it's losing all the DS stuff that hurt him most or just that his sister did it, but I want to help him out and make him feel better. :(

Sorry if this post seems long and ranty and disjointed, but I'm still so pissed I can barely see straight.

Call the police. I'm pretty sure your family would get custody of the child and set it straight. don't want this happening while the child is just beginning to develop (like from age 1 - 12), might make him/her a screwed up kid.

And I'd be up to donate 5 dollars to you. your sister and her husband sound like low-life assholes. :(

Also willing to donate...please PM your paypal address.

Oh, and kick the shit out of those two asshats. :mad:

All I can give is a bump, (I will repeat yay!) But yeah sounds like she sold it for drugs or something, addicted people do that (Sorry if this offends you)

Bump for you already getting $30 pledged for a new DS. Get us a Paypal address so we can handle it.

I'm touched by the goodwill, but I kindof feel weird as I wasn't really looking for charity somuch as for a good deal. There are so many other causes 'more worthy' although this one is personally worthy to me.

I don't have a Paypal account (I hate 'em with a passion) but I think mom does, I'll call her and ask her and then let you guys know.

BTW, you guys are proof that the residents of the [H]ardForums are some of the best out there. I'm touched, and very proud. :)

Bump

Good luck, and your family might want to think about diverting all the money they would've spent on your sister for Christmas to your brother instead unless she makes it right with him first. Oh, and changing the locks so nothing else goes missing. :mad:

bump for you.

PM me that paypal address and I'll contribute to the cause :)

bump for the cause. i'll talk to the wife and see how much we can send your way.

I have a friend who has one perfectly working DS Lite White that I can probably persuade her to let go for $85 shipped. It would come with the power cord. She hasn't used it in forever and needs rent money ;). That's as low as I'm sure she'll want to go. She also has New Super Mario brothers I could get pretty cheap. Let me know. Sorry I can't go lower. They suck for doing that. :( Send me a PM N we'll talk if you're interested :).

Damn, wish I had a DS to offer you, I know what it's like to get your shit pawned off. Sucks trying to find what shop they went to and buying your stuff back.

I have a little jiffy offer, Paypal me the $ and Ill cut a mo and send it off. My brother's X did that to me on many of my interesting devices so I cant feel anything but sympathetic to your plight. My heat is kakureru, ebay is en-02 only thing you wont get out of the deal is the $ paypal takes in fees. Extended info for trust can be provided for trust.

Damn, I have 2 DS's, and would straight out give you one but they are both broken (you don't fix them do you? if that is the case I can give you one) But hit me w/ a PM, w/ ur address, and I will send you 5or10 bucks, whatever is in my wallet.

That just pisses the hell outta me...how could you do that to a kid, especially your own kid brother...wow I am sooo mad, thats riddiculous...:mad:

yo, i have a DS for you, th oly problem is that it looks a little beat up cuz it was in a car accident and the top screen is broken.

i looked around for a top screen, they are only like 40 bucks and very very easy to put in (literally plug it in and screw it back together)

if you want, i can ship it to you, no charge (you do have to get a screen though).

i know what its like to lose something like that, when i was little my sister sold my GC to her friend for money to spend in college within the first month of me getting it (i got it the 2nd day it came out too =/)

so, i feel for ya. PM me if you want it, it still works perfectly (besides the top screen) and only has a few marks on the top and bottom of it (NO DEEP SCRATCHES, only black marks and light ones)

its the best i can do, and i'd think your brother might appreciate it more than me.

P.s. unfortunately its a DS Phat, not a lite.

OK well I found out Mom doesn't use PayPal either, doesn't suprise me as I told her they were a bunch of crooks a long time ago. :p She does use something called BidPay though, but I don't think that can be used for stuff like this.

kakureru, maybe we can do it your way? It's worth looking into!

Diakiaoshinsama, I just sent you a PM but I'll ask here too; Can you ask your friend if she'd sell it for sure for $85, and how much extra to include that super mario cart? Even if I have to sell something out of my rig to get the $$$ I think it would be worth it as he was using a DS Phat before. Or if you could wait until the first of August I would definately have the $$$ then... or hell with all the donations that have been pledged it might make it even easier. Damn you guys are awesome.

He's gonna kill me, but here are a couple of pics from our family website:

normal_028.jpg
normal_031.jpg
normal_hansard_xmas2005_032.jpg

Too bad about the non-paypal, I could have spared 5$ also...

That shirt in that first pic rocks :D

Thursday if you still haven't found one yet and found a way to get paypal money I'll send ya $5 for the cause. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back