Singstar 2 games on PS3

nodle

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinking on picking up some of these for the wife for Christmas. Has anyone successfully used them on the PS3? Any problems? I have the 80gig version, and i also own the PS3 singstar vol 1 with the mics. Thanks Guys.

By all accounts there is a patch due before Christmas that will enable disc swap for PS2 versions thru the game that will work on all models of PS3.

I'll never get on the PS3 when that hits :(

By all accounts there is a patch due before Christmas that will enable disc swap for PS2 versions thru the game that will work on all models of PS3.

I'll never get on the PS3 when that hits :(

So are you saying that singstar ps2 versions don't work on BC ps3's? I was thinking of getting the ps2 versions also for my 60 gigger, but this would be news to me that they don't work....Can you confirm ?

So are you saying that singstar ps2 versions don't work on BC ps3's? I was thinking of getting the ps2 versions also for my 60 gigger, but this would be news to me that they don't work....Can you confirm ?

No they work on BC PS3's from the xmb no probs but not on any others at present, but from the 16th there is a patch that enables all PS3's to see them via the disc swap in game.

When your on the music menu in game if you press select you can hot swap any 4 of the current PS3 discs without dropping to xmb to reload. With the patch you will be able to hot swap all PS2 versions as well.....on all PS3 SKU's.

EDIT - I assumed when the OP says 80Gb it is the new one....keep forgetting the US had an 80Gb BC model. So OP.....if your 80Gb is the old 80Gb then PS2 Singstar will work straight from the xmb. If it is the new 80Gb, PS2 Singstar will work once the game has been patched.

Clear? :D :p

Dunno if you guys know but wireless mics are finally about to be released too, the testers are giving good feedback.

Back