Single vs Multi Rail

VE2007

Gawd
Hi all,

I have bought most of my computer stuff except for video card and power supply and I was wondering is it wise to get a single rail or multi
rail.

Is there any difference good or bad?

Hi all,

I have bought most of my computer stuff except for video card and power supply and I was wondering is it wise to get a single rail or multi rail.

It is wise to get a good quality power supply. Single or multi +12V rail is not a gauge of quality one way or another, so using it as a basis for your purchase isn't a good idea.

Do give the FAQ farfromhome linked a read so you can understand the difference, the how and the why, and then check out the "real reasons to select a power supply" at the end of the post. :)

All I can say about single or multi rail PSU's is that they can be more efficient with distributing power to components, but not if the PSU in question is weak on amps or watts. 1 PSU I feel I can recommend is the Corsair VX520 or VX550 watt PSU, whichever is right.

It really does not matter since it usually is a marketing gimmick with the exception of a few models.

Back