Single slot 5770 eyefinity?

Xzyrus

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...&cm_re=powercolor_5770-_-14-131-328-_-Product

I'm just curious if 3 monitor eyefinity still possible with these outputs from the video card shown in the product linked. HDMI, DVI, VGA. I'm used to seeing DP + DVI + DVI (or HDMI) on the double slotted cards.

I'm interested since there's a local used card deal and I might want to use the oddity as a leveraging factor to reduce price lol.

Edit: Had to clarify that I'm asking about 3 monitor eyefinity, not 2. I think 2 should still be possible.

Last edited:
That's the thing, it only has HDMI, DVI, and VGA. I would assume HDMI and DVI could do 2 screen eyefinity, but would the VGA enable 3rd screen eyefinity?

Yea I had my doubts but I was looking for more knowledgeable second opinions. I'm even doubting DVI/HDMI 2 screen eyefinity now since they might be shared since the dual slot cards have one of the DVI shared with the HDMI as well.

These cards only have two RAMDACs, which is why you need to use either DP or active DP->DVI/VGA/HTMI adapters for additional monitors. If it only has DVI, VGA, and HDMI then that card supports no more than two monitors.

Ah so basically would be fine for an extended desktop. Would 2 screen eyefinity with DVI + VGA or HDMI + VGA also be out of the question? I just want to know what the card is capable of so I can use it as a bargaining tool lol.

Currently I use the monitor in my sig + a 17"CRT for extended so someone else in the family can watch some media while I game and do my own thing.

Back