Single IP routing solution, need help

I currently have a domain pointed to my home cable internet service dynamic IP using dyndns.com's custom DNS service. Well call it "myhome.com" for now.

What im looking for is a solution that will allowme to reach each computer on my home network via Remote Desktop, or WWW, or FTP while still using a single IP and not having to worry about setting different ports for each service in my Linksys BEFSR41. Mostly I would like a solution that would allow me to access my internal computers via a subdomain address such as "computer1.myhome.com" and "computer2.myhome.com" using a service or port I have defined as "ALLOWED" in my firewall, thus letting only this service pass through.

(short and easy: I dont want to have to change my remote desktop port to access each computer behind my NAT router. Its a pain to have to remember "this computer is this port" I would rather just access each computer as computer1.myhome.com or computer2.myhome.com)

If i had multiple IP's with my cable internet this would not be a problem, but I am looking for a solution for a single IP address.

Does anyone have a similar setup or any recommendations......?

Thanks so much.....

You are SOL.

You can't do what you want with only one IP. If you had three home PCs, and 3 public IPs, you could do it, but not with one IP. You'd need to change the ports that the services are listening on, and setup the appropriate port forwarding.

the only thing i'd recommend to you would be to use VPN. If you set up a server and VPN into the network, you can connect to each computer just as if you were part of the LAN.

The only way I could see this working is if someone has software out there that detects the dns name you put in. It would have to work like hosting multiple web sites from a single machine with a single IP. Using a VPN as suggested above would be the simplest way to go about it though.

Thats what I figured, I have a different computers listening on differnet ports now and port forwarding configured, buts its a mess to remember each internal computers service with port.

I was messing around with Active Directory and a Domain controller but was only able to get the local computers host to respond internally.

Back