• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Single channel vs dual channel

Hagrid

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
9,168
When running WCG does it matter if you have single, dual, or even quad channel memory?
I just reveived my 3600 so the 1700 is going in the server cabinet and I have 2 extra 16gb sticks that I am not going to put
into my main machine since I do not even use 32gb much less 64! i wanted to put 1 each into the MB's.

Thanks!
 
I honestly don't believe it does. Most of their apps aren't real dependent on memory speeds. For a project like SRBase or PrimeGrid most definitely. But WCG...I'm doubting you would notice.
 
Is a 4790 still good for boinc? I have a matx mb 4790 and 16gb on the shelf.
 
Is a 4790 still good for boinc? I have a matx mb 4790 and 16gb on the shelf.
Will work just fine. I would load linux on it and leave it stock. Won't draw too much power and will give some nice points.
 
Yeah i am running a 4770k still and the thread count isn't very high but it does pretty good due to clock speeds.
 
Back
Top