Single 80mm rad enough for just GPU?

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
18,017
I plan to set up my 6800U with its own loop. I would use the DangerDen NV48, Eheim 1048 pump, and a Black Ice Micro 80m radatior. I know 80mm radatiors suck, but thats all I have room for. I am not looking for anyone to tell me to go mod my case and make room yadda yadda yadda. I just need to know if I single 80mm radatior would be enough to keep my card cool. Since its just the GPU, no CPU, I figured I might be ok.
 
I would say no seeing as that GPU puts out more heat than your CPU. I was running 2 black ice micros and it did a poor job on my AMD64. One on a 6800U would be awful IMO. Ever think of just slappin a NV5 on it?
 
Yeah, but how much does that benifit. I am looking at it purly from an overclocking standpoint, not a quiet standpoint. How much better clocks dooes the NV Silencer give? Worth the price?

And stricky hypothetical, but what if it was a black ice micro II (dual 80mm), would that be sufficant?
 
Well I will be running 2 black ice 80mm radiators soon. I dont see how they can be all that bad. I mean they are double the thickness of the 120mm radiators...
 
kind of a bump here, but why not just mount a 120mm rad. externally? that should be able to handle the heat load.
 
ive been trying to keep all of this internal, but it looks like I might do that and be done with it.
 
Back
Top