Single 150gb raptor running out of space, go raid or 1tb?

Forealz

Limp Gawd
I'm running a single wd 150gb raptor, and I'm constantly installing and uninstalling my games from it to save space. I feel claustrophobic now and am considering an upgrade. Would I get better performance by getting another raptor and raiding them, or am I just better off getting a 1tb drive and calling it good?

And I can't find the exact same model number of my raptor on newegg, I have the 1500adfd, and all i see on the egg is the 1500hlfs. Could I still raid them together? I think mine is the 1.5gb/s, and the new one is 3.0gb/s

The new ones are Velociraptors, and if I remember right you can't really RAID them with the older ADFD versions. I'd look for a cheap used ADFD 150GB Raptor or just plunk down the cash for a fast 1TB drive like a WD Black, you'd get a lot of expansion space for the future.

Just go with big ol storage drive and create a program files directory on it. Install games to it and back up files and have fun!

Now I'm thinking of going the tb route, but installing the os on my raptor, with the bigger drive for games and files. Raptors are still faster than these large capacity drives, I'm assuming

Now I'm thinking of going the tb route, but installing the os on my raptor, with the bigger drive for games and files. Raptors are still faster than these large capacity drives, I'm assuming

For access times yes but the newer 1TB drives like the WD Black/RE3's will outpace your old raptor on throughput.

Back