• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sims2 Backup question

dainthomas

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
131
I'm getting ready to upgrade my current board to a S939. Last time I upgraded, and had to reinstall windows, my wife lost all her Sims2 characters even though I backed up the game folders and copied them back over. Needless to say, she was pissed (despite the fact that she had a faster computer :confused: ) and I would like to avoid this in the future.

Is there some special method to save these files so she can pick right up where she left off after a clean install?

Thanks in advance.
 
Sims 2 has two folders- one in program files, on in my documents. I don't know the logic behind that but if you back up both sets of directories you should avoid sleeping on the couch.
 
I JUST did this for my wife, too. Make sure you copy the folder in the "My Documents" folder called "EA Games". You MUST install Sims 2 FIRST and then copy over the folder you previously saved. That'll do it!
 
That's a retarded way for EA to set it up. :rolleyes: It was probably my mistake last time, so I'll try copying both folders. Thanks for the help guys! :)
 
Back
Top