simplest way to reinstall

GUL

n00b
i googled reinstall fresh windows xp and every page gives me different ways of reinstalling

how do i do it i want a fresh install like its a new pc

its really doing my head in as i dont want to buy the cd and then am not able to do what i want

* i do not have the drivers for any of my pc componenets such as motherboard etc as it cam preinstalled

bios boot from cd ???boot from disk ?? reformat?? start up disk

please in simple steps delete everything off my pc and using the xp cd what would i need to do to install windows whats all this about create a boot disk ..bios i dont know anything im complete newbie but i want to do it my self and you guys please help

thanx

(assuming you don't have onboard raid, in which case these instructions will be much longer)

In BIOS, set the CD as first boot decive. Insert CD, restart. Skip the repair option, delete all the partitions, create a new partition, reformat with NTFS (just follow the instructions on the screen). This will utterly destroy any data you had on the system, by the way. After that, just follow the screens until it's done.

Once the machines up (antivirus in, updates installed), hunt down any drivers that are missing. XP will likely get it running using default drivers, so you can track down chipset drivers later.

Please please please, don't change any other bios settings. Just boot sequence.

1) Backup your data
2) Boot from the XP CD and follow the instructions

It's a simple process, no matter what, so you don't really need a guide...just to be literate!

Back