Simple Way To Create Online Form For Internal Use

rosco

Gawd
I posted this in another spot, but thought I would get better results here.....

We have sales reps that currently go from customer to customer taking orders. They fill out a order sheet then either hand it in to the office when they get back or fax it in.

I would like to step into the 21st century and try to make this form electronic or web based where they can submit the form while at the customer site and the form should then go to a couple departments to begin processing.

So, I'm looking for ways to do that. What would you guys recommend? I was thinking of making a form using Google docs but was not sure if it's a good fit.

The form has some basics on top such as customer name, contact info etc. Then down below it looks like a table with 10 rows (one row per order) and 10 columns (each column has details about the order such as size/qty/desc) .

Last semester in my website development class, we used Visual Studios to create a online web form, complete with database to store the information.

I would recommend some form that hooks to a database, helps further down the road for marketing and the likes. If you use .net through visual studio you could build a basic website with security for you sales guys so they can log in then hit an order page. (salesforce.com has some nifty tools but much $$$) Also I am sure if you dug you might find a prebuilt solution using something free like wordpress or the likes.

Out of curiosity how many products / configurations are you selling as you could have a contact entry page then an order page with your different products. If you want to get super sneaky you can have the system shoot out an email with the order summary to your customer's email.

I guess I was hoping for something more simple. We don't need to store these orders long term. These are more of an alert to other departments than anything.

I'm wondering if an PDF form that they fill out and then email to several email addresses (or one distribution group) would do the trick.

So, the wordpress option might be a good fit. Any thoughts on one that would work well? There are just so many possibilities with wordpress addons it's hard to figure out what would actually fit and work well.

How big is the company? and if you already ahve SharePoint the functionality is already there built in could build something like that including workflows and custom forms in a couple hours

Get local IT companies in to pin down exactly what you want to do, what you want to happen, and offer solutions.

Back