Simple video-in software

carl67lp

Supreme [H]ardness
I'd like to hook my game consoles up to my Adaptec VideOh! DVD Media Center (or whatever it's called) through the composite (RCA) jacks. Yes, I know that a VGA box would be better suited, but this is the cheap solution right now.

The problem is that I lack the software to simply present the audio and video as transmitted through the device, without "timeshifting"--WinDVR wants to treat it like any old television signal and thus skews things by about 3 seconds.

I was looking at a few bits of software, but nothing so far has worked. DScaler didn't work with my device; something called FlyDS either didn't work or was too complicated to set up--or both. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

Anyone have anything?

(Posted here, rather than Games, because this is a video issue, and not a game issue.)

I'm in the same situation. I wish I had some info for ya, then my problem would be solved as well.

Originally posted by 0ldman
I'm in the same situation. I wish I had some info for ya, then my problem would be solved as well.

Indeed. I'm looking at my Xbox now. I wish I had a way to get the signal in to the PC so I could play some NCAA Football!

I don't ordinarily like to bump a thread that's been dead for so long, but I'm cleaning up around my computer and I'm seeing my Xbox and PS2 again, and I'm really hoping to be able to figure something out.

Anyone?

Originally posted by carl67lp
I don't ordinarily like to bump a thread that's been dead for so long, but I'm cleaning up around my computer and I'm seeing my Xbox and PS2 again, and I'm really hoping to be able to figure something out.

Anyone?

Here we are again.

Someone has to have had a similar problem in the past!

Originally posted by edit_text
Maybe this will help. I havn't tried it yet myself, so let me know.

TViewer

e_t

Unfortunately, it didn't work, at least not "out of the box." Perhaps they've got support, though. I'll check.

In the interim, anyone else have anything? It's an Adaptec USB device, if that helps.

Another bump for something I'm beginning to believe is impossible.

well, a later version of dscaler works with mine.
It had been awhile since I tried.

Virtualdub should take the video from a USB source, but it has no fullscreen option.

Back