Simple things to make a case quiet

hella small to. I got a 6800NU in there and it barely fits. I think im acually gonna try to return it to the egg for a refund. came to my house broke too. two plastic things that keep the front on, dont quite keep it on.

damn thing feels like its gonna melt too

just hope the egg doesnt rape me on restock fee's on a faulty case. but alas, they will

just call them and say when you recieved the case x amount of parts were broken and you was wondering if you can get a refund instead of another case from em. as long as its wihtin 30 days it should be easy. if its past 30 days you can still do it- i have done returns past 30 days on RAM, VGA, HDD. and no restock fees either.

be as nice as possible and it usualy works out with them real well. theres this 1 guy there whos an ass hole and never falls for the no restock fee returns. try to get amy - i think that was her name shes the best cust. rep they got.

it may be something else that is loud, for me, my chipset fan was the loudest, then my video card fan, then my cpu, then my psu, then my 2 120 mm case fans

taht could be it. thanks guys ill try. i just sent an e-mail though.

Im probally gonan get another case from these folks, id rather they just put hte money towards a new one that I pick out.

yey, no return fee! but im still out shipping >_<

how come it only costs me 11 to send it back...

Because your doing all the handling. Most people don't realize they don't just charge for the shipping courier costs but also their own labor getting it ready and out the door.

You could mod your powersupply to house a 120mm fan. Then you could modify the power lines to the fan and hook that onto 5V or 7V, since it's usually 12V. If you make it 5V or 7V it will run in quite lower RPM's making it definitely a lot more quiet. It will move less air, but that's why I suggested installing a larger fan.

Besides that you could check out some Papst fans. There are some 11dB fans of that company around. Think about what the noise would be like when that's been installed huh. Sounds good?

I just bought a 4 foot heatsink and mounted it on my case, no fans here :cool:

/sarcasm

no really though, use bigger fans and install a big heatsink (if it will fit) on your 6800 instead of a fan

Back