Simple Temp software for Vista 64.

Drakul

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,
I browsed through the forums and searched and it seems a lot of you recommend Everest.
but it seems a bit overkill for me.

what i'm mostly looking for is a soft that shows CPU and GPU temp and can display that on the screen (as in it's always on top and doesn't take too much space)
so that i can keep track in games and such.

any recommendations?
can PCWizard do that?

I think Everest is the one most would recommend. There are several Gadgets out now and maybe one of them can display the GPU temp - I know most can handle CPU usage and CPU temps with the right library installed, but not absolutely sure one exists that will display GPU temps.

Personally I think the fascination with monitoring temps is approaching fanatical proportions in this day and age. I'll never figure out the "need" to constantly see every little thing that's going on... drives me bonkers to think of people that focus more on what the PC is doing than what they are. :)

lol well my fascination comes with begin plagues with artefacts on my old VC and buying a after market fans and wanting to know if the card was faulty or if it was getting really hot.

lol well my fascination comes with begin plagues with artefacts on my old VC and buying a after market fans and wanting to know if the card was faulty or if it was getting really hot.

lawl. best reply ever.

+1 for everest if you want a gadget. if you are looking for a graph of temp over time, check out rivatuner.. it can give you fanspeed, temp, clocks and everything over time. however, it cant be a gadget so you would need to run it in the backround (or second monitor)

This one is free and simple to use.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Only thing is that Everest and this show different temps when I ran them both so I don't think any are very accurate. They just give you a general idea if things are too hot or not.

Back