Simple SATA Controller

Firefox90

Weaksauce
Hi guys,

I am looking for a simple temporary solution to run 2x500gb WD 5000AAKS in an older Dell Optiplex. I do not want to spend much money at all. I could either go with 2 individual adapters or a SATA controller card. I will not be running any RAID or anything special. I was looking at controller cards on Newegg and most are PCI-E which the Dell does not have. I was looking on ebay and simple converters and controllers. Do any of you know a cheap alternative that is a bit more reputable. If not, I'll just try some one of the ebay options.

If I need to do the ebay route, can those WD HD run in SATA 150 mode? I know Seagates can. I can't seem to find if the WDs can.

If you have other recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi guys,

I am looking for a simple temporary solution to run 2x500gb WD 5000AAKS in an older Dell Optiplex. I do not want to spend much money at all. I could either go with 2 individual adapters or a SATA controller card. I will not be running any RAID or anything special. I was looking at controller cards on Newegg and most are PCI-E which the Dell does not have. I was looking on ebay and simple converters and controllers. Do any of you know a cheap alternative that is a bit more reputable. If not, I'll just try some one of the ebay options.

If I need to do the ebay route, can those WD HD run in SATA 150 mode? I know Seagates can. I can't seem to find if the WDs can.

If you have other recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks!

My WD3200KS work just fine in SATA I speed and I don't need any jumpers. As far as controllers, I have a Rosewill RC-209, but it seems Newegg doesn't carry that at all, so I found the RC-211 instead.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back