Simple question

Arriend

n00b
A buddy I work with just posed a question that I'm not 100% sure of, was wondering if anyone else could lend their input:

If a game minimum requirements are:
Runs in Win 95 in true DOS with true DOS based drives . IBM, PC or 100% compatibles running DOS 5.0 or higher . 386 DX/25 minimum required . 486 DX/25 or higher recommended.
And he's running XP, will the game run on his system? I'd like to think that any platform put out by Microsoft will support what all the predecessors did, but am not sure...If XP doesn't support it, would it be just as easy to grab a DOS boot disk (bootdisk.com), boot up through that and then run the game?

Thanks.

Arriend said:
A buddy I work with just posed a question that I'm not 100% sure of, was wondering if anyone else could lend their input:

If a game minimum requirements are:
Runs in Win 95 in true DOS with true DOS based drives . IBM, PC or 100% compatibles running DOS 5.0 or higher . 386 DX/25 minimum required . 486 DX/25 or higher recommended.
And he's running XP, will the game run on his system? I'd like to think that any platform put out by Microsoft will support what all the predecessors did, but am not sure...If XP doesn't support it, would it be just as easy to grab a DOS boot disk (bootdisk.com), boot up through that and then run the game?

Thanks.
You'd probably have a lot of driver issues.

I've had pretty good luck with older games using XP's compatibility mode tweaking varions settings. Not always perfect, but pretty good.

Peace,
Tim

i would imagine yes, but then again everyone has problems with dos games, and they need hacks for em. i would go the boot disk way, or even a tru dos emu

Back