• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Simple question about SLI bridges

Recipe7

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
530
I haven't done SLI since my 670s a few years back.

Since then these bridges have come out and I'm not sure what the difference is between them. Either way, I want one for my upcoming sli 980ti.

The link for the evga model shows that it is compatible only with 1070s and 1080s: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-2W-0027-LR

Can I still use it for my 980ti?
 
Most of the cards still come with them, especially the 9XX generation (IIRC). That's for a 10xx, which has different bridges for different lengths/number of cards.
 
Most of the cards still come with them, especially the 9XX generation (IIRC). That's for a 10xx, which has different bridges for different lengths/number of cards.
cards don't come with the bridges, it's the motherboards that come with them.

And yes, that EVGA bridge works on the 9 series cards as well. It is listed as 1070/1080 since those cards need the High Bandwidth the new bridges allow, but they still work with the 9 series.

Just choose the one that has the right slot spacing.
 
Most of the cards still come with them, especially the 9XX generation (IIRC). That's for a 10xx, which has different bridges for different lengths/number of cards.

I will be buying a used 980ti with all the contents of the original package, but it did not come with a bridge. My 980ti hybrid did not come with one either.

cards don't come with the bridges, it's the motherboards that come with them.

And yes, that EVGA bridge works on the 9 series cards as well. It is listed as 1070/1080 since those cards need the High Bandwidth the new bridges allow, but they still work with the 9 series.

Just choose the one that has the right slot spacing.

That's great, thanks for clarifying that.
 
Odd, my 1080 had one in the box, I thought.
it could be the 1080 comes with one, but I have never gotten a bridge with any card I have bought, bridges came with the motherboards.
 
Back
Top