Simple question about SLI bridges

Recipe7

Limp Gawd
I haven't done SLI since my 670s a few years back.

Since then these bridges have come out and I'm not sure what the difference is between them. Either way, I want one for my upcoming sli 980ti.

The link for the evga model shows that it is compatible only with 1070s and 1080s: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-2W-0027-LR

Can I still use it for my 980ti?

Most of the cards still come with them, especially the 9XX generation (IIRC). That's for a 10xx, which has different bridges for different lengths/number of cards.

Most of the cards still come with them, especially the 9XX generation (IIRC). That's for a 10xx, which has different bridges for different lengths/number of cards.
cards don't come with the bridges, it's the motherboards that come with them.

And yes, that EVGA bridge works on the 9 series cards as well. It is listed as 1070/1080 since those cards need the High Bandwidth the new bridges allow, but they still work with the 9 series.

Just choose the one that has the right slot spacing.

I will be buying a used 980ti with all the contents of the original package, but it did not come with a bridge. My 980ti hybrid did not come with one either.

cards don't come with the bridges, it's the motherboards that come with them.

And yes, that EVGA bridge works on the 9 series cards as well. It is listed as 1070/1080 since those cards need the High Bandwidth the new bridges allow, but they still work with the 9 series.

Just choose the one that has the right slot spacing.

That's great, thanks for clarifying that.

Odd, my 1080 had one in the box, I thought.
it could be the 1080 comes with one, but I have never gotten a bridge with any card I have bought, bridges came with the motherboards.

Back