Simple overclocking tool for Vistax64 ?

Frosteh

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a simple overclocking tool for Vista x64 which won't prompt me when it loads (if started with the PC boot up) and that sets clocks so they stay fixed even after reboot.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

the issue with vista 64 is that you can not load unsigned drivers. All overclocking tools I know of need kernel access, and that is a no go.

If you really want to load software tools, search for how to allow unsigned kernel-mode drivers first....

Another option is the atsiv tool... A rogue signed exe that will let you piggy-back other drivers in. I use this to load core temp on vista 64 without disabling signing.

Rivatuner 2.06 should work for your operating system, i should know, i have the same os :p

It's kind of picky with certain drivers though, and does need to be installed with the updated file (should be provided w/ the download), overall it's a pain in the ass and i would rather just test for stable clocks and then flash the card and be done with it. That's what I did.

RivaTuner 2.06. Install, then double-click on the other file and choose to open it with the RivaTuner app itself. Click next a few times. Reboot. Set your clocks -- there are plenty of tutorials around -- and tell it to load them at startup.

Ntune is utter trash.

RivaTuner 2.06. Install, then double-click on the other file and choose to open it with the RivaTuner app itself. Click next a few times. Reboot. Set your clocks -- there are plenty of tutorials around -- and tell it to load them at startup.

Ntune is utter trash.

not bad if you have a 780i board, esa and what not

I've tried Riva Tuner 2.06 in Vista 64 Ultimate (using the method of install listed above) and it doesn't allow me to do anything besides change the color settings and refresh rates of my monitor. I am using driver 169.28 and I have an 8800GTS (G92).

I've tried Riva Tuner 2.06 in Vista 64 Ultimate (using the method of install listed above) and it doesn't allow me to do anything besides change the color settings and refresh rates of my monitor. I am using driver 169.28 and I have an 8800GTS (G92).

You have to edit the RivaTuner config file, cause the 8800 GTS (G92) wasn't out when 2.06 was released. I believe you have to add

G92 = 600h

On its own line after the other G92 entry, and it should work. If it doesn't I got the hex value wrong from memory and you should search for "8800 GTS G92 RivaTuner" on Google.

You have to edit the RivaTuner config file, cause the 8800 GTS (G92) wasn't out when 2.06 was released. I believe you have to add

G92 = 600h

On its own line after the other G92 entry, and it should work. If it doesn't I got the hex value wrong from memory and you should search for "8800 GTS G92 RivaTuner" on Google.

Very cool, thanks.

I got it working and everything seems to be running smooth.
Clock@725MHz
Shader@1750MHz
Memory@1025(2050?)MHz

Ntune is utter trash.

Agreed. Rivatuner works fine for me.

not bad if you have a 780i board, esa and what not

nTune and ESA suck ass. The interface is retarded and most of the features don't freaking work. On top of that the monitoring provided is done better in a number of other programs.

I've got 8800GTX's and that might be the difference but Rivatuner is working fine for me.

Not RivaTuner -- it has a signed driver addon, and unlike the CoreTemp hack, it's legit.

Indeed.

I've got 8800GTX's and that might be the difference but Rivatuner is working fine for me.

Fixed it for him. The 8800 GTS 512MB (G92) isn't recognized "out of the box" by RivaTuner 2.06 because it wasn't released when 2.06 was released. You have to add "G92 = 600h" on its own line below the existing G92 entry in the main config file for the 8800GT to make it work properly.

Back