Simple IPSEC client appliance?

faring

Gawd
Does anyone make a low-end IPSEC VPN client device?

All I want to do is to connect a single VOIP phone to our office network, so all I really need is something with 2 ports that can be an endpoint for one IPSEC tunnel and shove any traffic that comes in the LAN side into the VPN. No fancy routing necessary, just see a packet, wrap it up and boot it out the other side, and unwrap anything coming in.

I'd rather not replace my router if it's not necessary. I'd prefer a dedicated device if such a thing exists. If not, is my best bet just to get something like the Cisco RV110 and turn off most of the features? Are there cheaper endpoint routers out there?

Could be done with any routerboard (routeros) product, even the little $40 ones. Just stay away from the "swos" switches. Rb750 would be perfect.

Thanks, that looks like just the ticket, and the UP saves me from needing a separate PoE injector for the phone.

Thanks, that looks like just the ticket, and the UP saves me from needing a separate PoE injector for the phone.

That isn't a standard poe switch, it is passive POE. If your phone requires passive POE it'l work, but if you need standard it won't.

Back