• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Simple dual display question

MattsOnlyHope

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
119
Hi everyone, in a week or so I'm going to be getting my first lcd, a 19 inch =) Right now I'm on a semi decent 19 inch crt. My pc specs are Amd64 3000+, 1gb ram, and a Nvidia 6800nu agp. My video card has dvi out also. My question is when I get my new lcd can I just connect it using dvi and use it as my reg monitor but keep this crt hooked in at the same time using the reg monitor out cable and just use dual displays. I'm mainly interested in being able to use one monitor to game on while using aim and other small programs on the second monitor while gaming. Thanks for all the help. =)
 
You can hook them both up and have dual displays. One little problem though: don't expect to be able to use your AIM or anything else while in a game. You do still have to alt-tab out of the game back to the desktop to use any other program while playing.

the main reason why I like dual displays is having 2 big windows open at once whilst wasting time on the internet. :D
 
It will decrease your performance a little bit, but it's only noticable in games, normal windows stuff I can't tell the difference.

With my equipment I tried to run WoW in window mode on one screen and have aim and winamp on the other but the framerate drop made it so the game was almost unplayable. I'm running it with a A64 3400+ and a 9600Pro.
 
Back
Top