• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Simple CD Player for Windows XP

CyberCecil

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 7, 2001
Messages
497
I'm looking for simple software to play Audio CDs on Windows XP. My Mother wants to listen to her CDs on her computer. I need something that has a simple interface (with large buttons preferably) that will automatically get the CD info online. I don't want to rip the CDs to her system and I want her to be able to operate it without issue.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
 
Update it to WMP 11 from Windows Update. Waaaay to many people instantly discount software that comes with the OS and it's simply foolish. Microsoft spends billions on their OS. Their software is usually very good.
 
cdplayer.exe from Windows 95. still works just fine on Windows XP.
 
cdplayer.exe from Windows 95. still works just fine on Windows XP.

Interesting. The next time I have access to her system I'll have to check that out.

Also, I've installed Foobar 2000 on my Win 7 system and it seems pretty good, but I can't find a way to make it auto tag the Audio CDs. I can only do it manually.
 
Interesting. The next time I have access to her system I'll have to check that out.

Also, I've installed Foobar 2000 on my Win 7 system and it seems pretty good, but I can't find a way to make it auto tag the Audio CDs. I can only do it manually.

There might be a plugin that can do what you want.
 
I'm with bigdogchris and 450: Windows Media Player.

Just plop the CD in the tray, push it in and (depending on your autoplay settings) WMP should start playing the CD and retrieve album info automatically. If you want a simpler interface just enable the "Mini-player" mode or enable the taskbar interface.

NOTE: I would HIGHLY recommend making a limited user account if you want autoplay to automatically play CDs, especially since some CDs still exist (though mostly no longer manufactured) that install some BS copy-protection schemes which could compromised the security of your machine.
 
Back
Top