Simple 3D For Your Phone

Hmm... So it makes a small screen, even smaller. Also its clunky to carry around.

Cool on a technical level I guess, but I'm not seeing the practical side.

And what would you get for that? Three level parallax effect?

Holding the phone at an odd angle to view a tiny image in pseudo 3d on an Iphone. Has fail all over it, adding the iphone makes it that much worse imo.

And people bitch like crazy over wearing 3D glasses, this is a bit worse I think.

Remember the old Sega arcade game Time Traveler? It worked in a similar fashion.

Pretty interesting, but not groundbreaking. From the sides it barely even looks 3D..... :/

This idea is so simple it is a miracle that no one has thought of it before.

Can't tell if Steve's being sarcastic or not... I'd bet on the sarcasm tag being activated, just not displayed. ;-)

Interesting, at first glance, then the reality of the chinziness sets in after a few seconds of reasoned thought.

Oh my two 45 degree beam splitters set apart at around 1 inch or so. Shocking.

It seems that we are all on the same standpoint. It is indeed useless and pointless at the same time. Things we do.

I liken this to inventing the glass ketchup bottle after the squeeze ketchup bottle has already been out for years.

Wait, that's the same type of effect I set up for Halloween in my front window. More of an optical illusion than a 3d effect.

This reminds me of the Nintendo Virtual Boy.... but in color.

The Virtual Boy was a huge piece of trash and a huge flop... but since this is for an Apple product, I suspect all the Apple sheeple will flock to it like flies to a fly trap.

If that don't cause 100 people a year to get run over by a truck, I don't know what will...

Back