Simple 2 router question

vitalym

Limp Gawd
Lets say I have the following setup:

Cable Modem -> Router1 -> Router2 (Vonage device)

Router1: 192.168.2.1
Router2 (WAN port): 192.168.15.1

My PC in connected into port 1 on Router1
From port 2 on Router1 there is a ethernet cable going to the WAN port on Router2

From my PC, I cannot ping the WAN port on Router2

Any thoughts on how I can ping the WAN port?
Would running the ethernat cable from Router1 into the LAN port on Router2 work?

is router 2 only for the vonage? if so i would think you would want to just use router 2 through the LAN port and let the devices connected to it get there IP from router1, but maybe i'm looking at this wrong.

is router 2 only for the vonage? if so i would think you would want to just use router 2 through the LAN port and let the devices connected to it get there IP from router1, but maybe i'm looking at this wrong.

That's what I want to do, use the Vonage device (Router2) just for the voice.
I will try connecting it via the LAN port and see what happens.

I just hang the Vonage boxes behind the single NAT router, treat it just like a node on your network. If I recall it's the yellow port that's labeled "internet"..just link that to a LAN port on your router.

I just hang the Vonage boxes behind the single NAT router, treat it just like a node on your network. If I recall it's the yellow port that's labeled "internet"..just link that to a LAN port on your router.

Well I work at Vonage so I see the devices all the time, well I've only been working since June.

In the network setup the I just layed out, connecting the cable from Router1 to the yellow LAN port on Router2(Vonage) does not work. The Vonage device gets an IP, however I cannot ping it regardless.

vonage device likely just doesn't respond to icmp echo requests

Well I work at Vonage so I see the devices all the time, well I've only been working since June.

In the network setup the I just layed out, connecting the cable from Router1 to the yellow LAN port on Router2(Vonage) does not work. The Vonage device gets an IP, however I cannot ping it regardless.

Dunno....I never had the slightest incling to ping it or check out its web admin. The Vonage units are routers themselves. I never double NAT my computers, thus I never stick the Vonage box out front ahead of my own router, else it will become a bottleneck. All I know is my own home, and several clients networks...I've stuck the Vonage box behind their existing router and it runs fine. Trying to go by memory..I think the ports are yellow for internet, and blue for LAN. I could have them backwards...but I recall them being labeled, and whatever the one named "internet" is..I just link that to a LAN port on the router and it works.

Back