silverstone

that looks like a great case for my lower end clients. pop a 6150 board in there with a 1u cooler and you have a great little solution. cost?

IDversusEGO said:
that looks like a great case for my lower end clients. pop a 6150 board in there with a 1u cooler and you have a great little solution. cost?

Showing up around $200 on Froogle.

Specs say it requires a slimline optical drive($$$), though there seems to be no front port for it...or it's hidden behind a door. Funky external power supply that will either be a wall wart or a line lump. A riser card setup that can only use one slot. Nowhere to integrate an IR receiver. Only enough room for one hard drive, so if you're not on a network you'll have space issues. Nice looking box, but for those issues and that price I think I'll pass.

this is defintely a niche piece. For my use, I rip all DVDs to my server, so I do not need an optical drive. I do all recording on the server, so I only need one small HDD for the OS. With those requirements, an external AC adapter like a laptop doesn't bother me at all.it would be behind the A/V rack anyway, so who cares? the xbox 360 did the same thing to keep size down. a 6150 mobo gives you onboard SATA, onboard optical output, onboard DVI video, onboard GB lan. I can't think of a use for the 1 PCI slot honestly.

qdemn7 said:
No, check the link it comes with afanless PSU.
No, it comes with a DC/DC adapter which is fine for an Epia system but if you want anything better then you're going to need to mod the case for a 1U PSU (if it will fit in there).
Cax6ton said:
Specs say it requires a slimline optical drive($$$), though there seems to be no front port for it...or it's hidden behind a door.
Theres a door on the case that hides the drive and ports.

Funky external power supply that will either be a wall wart or a line lump.
I wish they had used a different PSU like maybe the one that comes in the LC02 or something.
A riser card setup that can only use one slot.
Doesn't bother me, it's for a slim client system so chances are you only need on card in the system if at all (a good 6150 mobo and some modding could easily leave that single slot open).
Nowhere to integrate an IR receiver.
That is kind of annoying.
Only enough room for one hard drive, so if you're not on a network you'll have space issues. Nice looking box, but for those issues and that price I think I'll pass.
As mentioned above this is nearly perfect for a client system which only needs a single HDD in there to load the OS on, everything else should be handled by the server. For me though the only thing that is a potential deal breaker is the PSU.

CrimandEvil said:
No, it comes with a DC/DC adapter which is fine for an Epia system but if you want anything better then you're going to need to mod the case for a 1U PSU (if it will fit in there).
Ooops! You are right. DOH! :eek:

Back