SilverStone Zeus 650W PSU

dcnv

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
166
Anybody with more exp can tell me if the SilverStone Zeus 650W is any good? for a system X2 3800, 7800GT, 2gb ram, 1x 74raptor and 300gb 16mb?
Thank in advance
 
I have no experience with this PSU, but it's biggest 12V rail is 18A. I would expect a bigger 12V rail on a 650 watt PSU, but thats unlikely to be a problem in your system.
 
Oline61 said:
I have no experience with this PSU, but it's biggest 12V rail is 18A. I would expect a bigger 12V rail on a 650 watt PSU, but thats unlikely to be a problem in your system.

Yeah there is 4 12V rails add them up and tell me what you come up with? 48A
 
AlexStenka said:
Yeah there is 4 12V rails add them up and tell me what you come up with? 48A
However it would be unable to power a single component that draws more than 18A. This is an unlikely scenario, and it's still a great power supply.
 
AlexStenka said:
Yeah there is 4 12V rails add them up and tell me what you come up with? 48A

Two, three or four rails... 12V rails are NEVER additive. You look at the "combined wattage" for ALL 12V rails and divide by 12V. You'll find that the Amperage is NEVER the same as adding up all of the rails.
 
jonnyGURU said:
Silverstone product is simply amazing. They use either Etasis or Enhance for their PSU's and even small items like their little 3.5" bay USB port (that I bought w/ my own damn money, thank you very much) have such incredible attention to detail. Im a big fan. ;)

What about the new X-finity gen2 600w vs this silverstone zeus 650w?
 
dcnv said:
What about the new X-finity gen2 600w vs this silverstone zeus 650w?

Dude... The Silverstone. :D

But that's not even a fair comparison. A Nissan Pathfinder is a nice truck... but so is a Porsche Cayenne. ;)
 
jonnyGURU said:
Dude... The Silverstone. :D

But that's not even a fair comparison. A Nissan Pathfinder is a nice truck... but so is a Porsche Cayenne. ;)

Johnny, did I misread your review? You said the voltage rails were not too stable with the Zeus...
 
maademperor said:
Johnny, did I misread your review? You said the voltage rails were not too stable with the Zeus...

The ST65 was VERY stable.

The ST52 was not.

I linked the ST52 above. I guess I was supposed to link the ST65. My bad....

http://www.slcentral.com/silverstone-zeus-st65zf/page3.php

You can't use the results of one to judge the other. The ST65 is made by Etasis. The ST52 was made by Enhance... a very good manufacturer, but not as good as Etasis.
 
jonnyGURU said:
Dude... The Silverstone. :D

But that's not even a fair comparison. A Nissan Pathfinder is a nice truck... but so is a Porsche Cayenne. ;)

Oh boy! now you are making me watered for that Zeus and hurting the pocket for another 50$
Lol! thank JonnyGuru and all
Btw what's the best choices between those 3 since they are almost in the same price yard.
OCZ Powerstream 520w 139$ newegg
X-Finity Gen2 500w 119$ newegg
Antec TPII SLi 550w 99$ newegg
 
Newegg's price on that X-Finity is even higher than the MSRP of $99! Try ZipZoomFly or Outpost.
 
dcnv said:
Btw what's the best choices between those 3 since they are almost in the same price yard.
OCZ Powerstream 520w 139$ newegg
X-Finity Gen2 500w 119$ newegg
Antec TPII SLi 550w 99$ newegg

So you started a thread about a the Silverstone Zeus... and it's not on the list of your stuff to buy? :rolleyes: :p

I vote OCZ Powerstream! But it is the most expensive... It's cheaper at monarch (for $127 shipped):
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100346

In that pic it's a blue fan... newer revision? I wish mine had a blue fan! :(
 
zenzog said:
So you started a thread about a the Silverstone Zeus... and it's not on the list of your stuff to buy? :rolleyes: :p

I vote OCZ Powerstream! But it is the most expensive... It's cheaper at monarch (for $127 shipped):
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100346

In that pic it's a blue fan... newer revision? I wish mine had a blue fan! :(

i just wanna check which one is best of 3 in the category as other said that we better not compare a Pathfinder to a Cayenne :)
 
zenzog said:
So you started a thread about a the Silverstone Zeus... and it's not on the list of your stuff to buy?

I vote OCZ Powerstream! But it is the most expensive... It's cheaper at monarch (for $127 shipped):
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100346

In that pic it's a blue fan... newer revision? I wish mine had a blue fan! :(

Green fan is the original 520W. The blue fan is the newer SLI model.

The OCZ is a great power supply... I just don't see it at that price. Why they're so expensive, I do not know. I look at a Powerstream 520ADJ and think "$119 tops." But from your mini-list, regardless of price, I would have to say Powerstream first, Ultra second, Antec third. But as I've stated in the other thread, the Ultra is quieter, more efficienct, costs less and have the cooler cables. ;)

But no doubt, the "most power" is delivered by the OCZ unit.
 
Back
Top