Silverstone TJ08

Firelord

Limp Gawd
Read a recent review of this case and wow it looks good! The twin 120mm fans are great and really does look like it has fantastic airflow! It would suit me nicely as laying down on its side would fit under my PC bench on the table underneath nicelywhilst providing better cooling than my existing aspire.

Does anybody have one? It's cheaper than an X-QPack as well!

It looks more like a miniATX tower than a microATX. Maybe is just the styling?

it's micro atx... look at the dimensions. It's tiny.
01.jpg

05.jpg

When I get mine I plan on making an acrylic left panel (I dont want to cut the original) and incorporating a handle on the top for lans. edit* Um where Is it cheaper than a qpack? Im paying $99 + $16 3 day shipping from egg. At directron it's $77 but shipping is like $25 for ups ground which takes like 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Looks like a very nice case. It would be easy to add a quiet 80mm fan on the side next to the Videocard as well.

Ahh here in the UK its cheaper than an X-QPack (which is £70 w/psu as silverstone is just over £60).

I quite like the small towers as it helps with airflow and imo looks really smart. Would look nice with some LED fans glowing through th front panel

Wow, very nice case. Temperature in the case is pretty low from the review. With that case I can install the Ninja CPU cooler with no problem. Now I can't decide which to get for my next build, the SG01 or this. I have to see this pretty thing in person first though.

that is one sexy case imo. only thing is, i personally don't see a point in getting a matx tower when you can just sacrifice a few more inches and get a mini atx tower.

I'm gonna get a black one when the AMD tech tour rolls around with my next build.
I like the dual 120mm fans! It just like a Super Lanboy but smaller.
Plus this has the side vent for your video card a very nice touch!

o0akoni0o said:
that is one sexy case imo. only thing is, i personally don't see a point in getting a matx tower when you can just sacrifice a few more inches and get a mini atx tower.

then you can say sacrifice a couple more and you can get a midtower, sacrifice a couple more and you can get a full tower etc.

I have SG01 Sugo (older ver. not Evolútion). The temperature was too high. So instead evolution upgrade I order this one. Silverstones new produkt - fan controlel FP33 -looks perfet in one of 3,5 position.

My plan configuration:
TJ08 Black
SIlverstone Strider 600W (modular kables - kits of shorther cables)
CPU cooler - Silverstone Nitrogen NT06
Two 12cm fan needs to be change to some controlable (Nexus or Scytch)

CPU AMD X2 3800+
MB MSI ATI RS482M4-ILD/SB 450
RAM 2x1Gb DDR400 (OEM HP probably Hynx or Samsung)
VGA ATI Fire GL 5100 128Mb DDR (Plan to Upgrade, but i'm waiting for DirectX10 VGA Cards)
HDD 80Gb + 160Gb WD Cawiar RE+ (Placed to the cage and screw to the floor before front 12cm fan)
Optional 92cm fan for blowing air to VGA card.

sabrewolf732 said:
Read the thread.

Besides the overclockers.com review, any other reviews? Im surprised non of the big websites are reviewing this box. Anyone can give a me a quick measurements on how much taller is it compare to the Sugo (sorry to lazy to do measurements)?

spade357 said:
Besides the overclockers.com review, any other reviews? Im surprised non of the big websites are reviewing this box. Anyone can give a me a quick measurements on how much taller is it compare to the Sugo (sorry to lazy to do measurements)?

pcper.com reviewed it as well.

It looks like a nice case.Looks perfect for watercooling. But $100 for a steel microATX ($150 w/ window) seems a bit high considering there is no psu.The Cooler Master 541 goes for something like $45 @newegg. Or am I missing something the rest of you didn't?

Its just a good looking good quality case. ive spent 400$ on just an SFF case before, who cares how much it costs, as long as I get what i want.

I see your point of paying a premium price for something if you really want it.
But I guess what I was asking was. If Cooler Master can make a case for around $50? why can't Silverstone. They both seem to have specs. that are very close to each other.

if the PSU inside the NSK3300 can handle a 1900XTX...this case will become a less convincing option.

Cliff Couser said:
if the PSU inside the NSK3300 can handle a 1900XTX...this case will become a less convincing option.

The Silverstone is smaller compare to the Antec i believe. It also looks better IMO.

Just finished building my first SFF box. Was considering waiting for a Ultra Micro Fly but once I saw this thread decided to get this case, very happy with the decision. Runs very quiet and CPU is at 2.7Ghz running 30C idle, 42C max load.

Silverstone TJ08
BIOSTAR, TFORCE 6100-939
AMD Opteron 144 1.8GHz
Zalman CNPS-7700-Cu
Seagate 300GB 7200, 8MB
2x OCZ DDR400 512MB
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500

cyanidebm said:
Just finished building my first SFF box. Was considering waiting for a Ultra Micro Fly but once I saw this thread decided to get this case, very happy with the decision. Runs very quiet and CPU is at 2.7Ghz running 30C idle, 42C max load.

Silverstone TJ08
BIOSTAR, TFORCE 6100-939
AMD Opteron 144 1.8GHz
Zalman CNPS-7700-Cu
Seagate 300GB 7200, 8MB
2x OCZ DDR400 512MB
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500

You got any pictures? Is it really small compare to a mid tower case? Im just waiting for the Core 2 Duo to come out while still deciding on my case, TJ08 or SG01. Maybe by then, the SG01 2 will come out.

Would love to see piccies if its possible. Ordered a TJ08 for my mate at work and if I like I might replace my X-QPack with one :)

Will see what I can do tonight, I dont have a digital camera but my roomate may. Currently its sitting on top of a full tower beside my desk with Inspirion 9300 and 2005FPW. Should be plenty to compare with.

-cyanidebm

Just used on of these for work collague with a similar spec system to mine in sig (with 7900GT same as mine just haven't updated sig) and it was an amazing case! Soon as I can i'm seelling my 'pack!

Back